Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Question Changing email address - should I deauthorize ADE?

My ISP is effectively forcing me to change my email address - very soon my existing email address will cease to exist (grrrrrrr). I used my old address to authorize ADE 2 on Windows 10, and my Kobo AURA (which I no longer use). These days I buy most of my epubs from Google Play and Kobo (most of them have ADE DRM), and then I use the "plug-in" in Calibre to do the necessary.

Should I de-authorize ADE for my old email address and reauthorize it with the new one? If I do this, will it mean I no longer have access to the ADE DRM'ed epubs on Google Play and elsewhere, i.e., if I download them again from the web site, will I no longer be able to open them in ADE, and will the plugin cease to do its magic?

If I don't de-authorize and keep the old email address in ADE, what happens when my old email address disappears? Does ADE actually use it as an email address (does it need to send emails to it) or is it just a meaningless string of characters?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Log in to the Adobe web site (http://accounts.adobe.com/) with your Adobe ID and change the email address for the Adobe ID (under account settings) to your new address.

I think that doing that will keep your ability to access your old ADE books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 06:41 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Worked a treat! After changing my email address at the Adobe web site, I then de-authorised the old address in ADE, and authorised the new address. I can still see all my purchases.

Many thanks
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
On a sidenote, it's a really good idea to have an email address that's independent of your ISP, precisely to avoid this type of issue. I went the same process a few years ago and it's a real nuisance - took me the best part of a year to change my email address on all the sites I'd used it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
bestlem
bestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Log in to the Adobe web site (http://accounts.adobe.com/) with your Adobe ID and change the email address for the Adobe ID (under account settings) to your new address.

I think that doing that will keep your ability to access your old ADE books.
I did the email change on the web site.

However I can't deauthorize ADE as it shows the old email and then asks for a password which it can't match (well the email is not on the web site now so how could it match)

So how do you chnage email for ADE?
bestlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestlem View Post
I did the email change on the web site.

However I can't deauthorize ADE as it shows the old email and then asks for a password which it can't match (well the email is not on the web site now so how could it match)

So how do you chnage email for ADE?
I'd just uninstall ADE, delete and preferences, and reinstall. But there might be a simpler way, I just don't know.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote