Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Test behaviour different to Calibre behaviour

I wrote a regex to extract series_index, title and author and tested the functionality. It extracted the title, author and series_index as expected. I didn't include a series as I just wanted the index to show the sequence of the books by the author.

When I actually ran the "Add Books" Calibre extracted the title and author but NOT the series_index.

I have attached jpg's to show this.

Is this behaviour to be expected? Calibre doesn't like a series_index without a series?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre, series_index.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	85199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre, NO series_index.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	85200  
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by louwin View Post
I wrote a regex to extract series_index, title and author and tested the functionality. It extracted the title, author and series_index as expected. I didn't include a series as I just wanted the index to show the sequence of the books by the author.

When I actually ran the "Add Books" Calibre extracted the title and author but NOT the series_index.

I have attached jpg's to show this.

Is this behaviour to be expected? Calibre doesn't like a series_index without a series?
You can't have a series index without having a series (name) filled in.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Pity

In my playing around with the regex I am fairly sure I DID get Calibre to display no series but a series_index. Maybe I setup a "space" as the series or something

It would be useful to be able to have a series number for situations like Asimov's brilliant merging of series to form one long story. You know, when he joined the Robot series and the Foundation series by writing "key" books. The index could signify the chronological order of the joined series.

Then there are situations when the year an author's books were written so you could set the year as the series_index without a series.

I suppose I could create a custom column?

Anyway to suppress the automatic [1] that gets appended to the series when there isn't a series-index?

Thanks for your attention
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote