Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
perborgen
perborgen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
AZW confusion

I downloaded Kindle Fire user manual and it won't come up in Adobe reader or anything I have in my PC. Am trying to up?load books on my pc downloaded from my Kindle keyboard to my KF and can't find it in 'Books' or 'docs'.
perborgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
The kindle fire User manual is built in to the fire and should be in your docs tab area.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
If you really want to read the manual on your PC (rather than your Kindle), download the free Kindle for PC application.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by perborgen View Post
Am trying to up-load books on my pc downloaded from my Kindle keyboard to my KF and can't find it in 'Books' or 'docs'.
Unless the DRM has been removed (or the books weren't DRM'd in the first place) you can't just move books from a Kindle Keyboard to a Kindle Fire. Each book is encoded only to work with the device for which it was originally purchased.

If you purchased the books from Amazon, all those books can be found under the Books tab on the Fire - just tap on the "Cloud" button and you'll see all your previous purchases. If something is not there for some reason, you can use the Amazon website to manage your digital content and re-send the books to the Fire.

If the books were not originally purchased from Amazon, you can transfer them to the Fire with a USB cord - just connect the Fire to the PC, then drag the books in to the "Books" folder on the Fire. In some cases certain file formats will appear under Docs instead of Books.

In my opinion, the easiest way to get books from your PC on to the Fire is to convert them in to Mobi format using Calibre, which is a shareware tool for ebook management.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

You can download the PDF file from the Amazon Kindle support website and easily view it on your PC.
Advert