Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #1246
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Because they haven't finished negotiating their new contracts with booksellers yet would be my guess.
Good point. :-)
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #1247
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermanx View Post
Anyone able to confirm if HarperCollins Canada is included in this? As of just now Kobo codes still do not work yet.
It's a US case, so we need our own, it seems. See this Globe and Mail article about similar suits filed in Canada: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...rticle4101004/

I suppose the publishers could decide to end Agency pricing in Canada without a legal order to do so. You never know...
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #1248
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinsung View Post
50% discount promo code
GBSave50Sept

Valid through 9/12/12.

Just bought a book successfully with 50% discount that I want for so long (Digha Nikaya by Bhikkhu Bodhi)
Thank you so much. Used this today.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #1249
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Free fantasy novella for Kobo by K.C. May: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Sole-...XcQ/page1.html
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #1250
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It's a US case, so we need our own, it seems. See this Globe and Mail article about similar suits filed in Canada: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...rticle4101004/

I suppose the publishers could decide to end Agency pricing in Canada without a legal order to do so. You never know...
For those of you who shop at Kobo [Canada here], you may want to keep an eye on prices. I've found in the last couple of days some books being cheaper at Amazon, AND alternatively GooglePlay AND Kobo. [specifically Penguin and Harper Collins]. There were a few different books I wanted and ended up buying at least 1 at each because prices were so much better. ie 1 book at Kobo was $8.99, at GooglePlay $3.99, 1 book was $3.99 at Amazon, and at Kobo $2.99 [+ let me use a coupon].

So if you know your prices, and/or are willing to spend a bit of time comparing prices, there are some great deals to be had.

I hope Kobo comes out with some new discounts this week, I'm running out and down to using 25% off now...
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #1251
Gisu29
Groupie
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MacAir
Is it 'cheating' to sign up (at Kobo) under two different email addresses? I use two email addresses and was hoping both would work at Kobo.
Gisu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #1252
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisu29 View Post
Is it 'cheating' to sign up (at Kobo) under two different email addresses? I use two email addresses and was hoping both would work at Kobo.
Hi, welcome to MBR! IIRC, you mean having 2 different accounts so you get twice the discount codes? I don't see how that would be a problem. The only thing is that currently the codes only work on sale or non-agency [price-set] books, here in Canada anyways. The only definitive way to tell is to click the buy button and see if it allows you to put in the code or if it gives you the dreaded 'the price is set by publisher' disclaimer, but usually the big publishers do not allow codes unless the book is already discounted.

Also, with 2 separate accounts, it will depend how you manage your library. I don't use the Kobo desktop etc, I use Calibre and only sideload my books.

Last edited by Blue2u; 09-16-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #1253
Gisu29
Groupie
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Hi, welcome to MBR! IIRC, you mean having 2 different accounts so you get twice the discount codes? I don't see how that would be a problem. The only thing is that currently the codes only work on sale or non-agency [price-set] books, here in Canada anyways. The only definitive way to tell is to click the buy button and see if it allows you to put in the code or if it gives you the dreaded 'the price is set by publisher' disclaimer, but usually the big publishers do not allow codes unless the book is already discounted.

Also, with 2 separate accounts, it will depend how you manage your library. I don't use the Kobo desktop etc, I use Calibre and only sideload my books.
Thanks Blue! I use Stanza on my Mac, so no problem with downloading from different accounts.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1254
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Just gift the book to the account you want to use to sync....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #1255
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Wait, you can do that? Because I have about 4 or 5 different email addresses! But not 4 or 5 different credit cards unfortunately. I wonder if you need that. It's probably not a good idea though because if I had two 45% off coupons for 5 uses rather than only one use then I would end up spending a TON of money!
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #1256
Gisu29
Groupie

No new codes in some time. Darn it! What's up with that?!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #1257
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can even gift across countries, on some titles....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #1258
Blue2u
Wizard

still no new discount codes...just 1 special *sigh*

From Kobo email:
Get Maggie Stiefvater's novel
for $3.99 - today only!
Pick up The Scorpio Races for $3.99, plus
check out her newest title Raven Boys.

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/scorp...8newreleasesCA
Old 09-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #1259
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Wait, you can do that? Because I have about 4 or 5 different email addresses! But not 4 or 5 different credit cards unfortunately. I wonder if you need that. It's probably not a good idea though because if I had two 45% off coupons for 5 uses rather than only one use then I would end up spending a TON of money!
You could use PayPal instead of a credit card if it will disallow multiple user accounts with the same credit card
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #1260
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Have you done this successfully? It's so tempting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Just gift the book to the account you want to use to sync....
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals