Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
KeziaPurrs
Newbie but a Goodie
KeziaPurrs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Anyone going to d/l the latest preview of 3.0.3

I was just wondering if any Kindle 3 users were going to download the new software preview of version 3.0.3. I'm hesitant about downloading preview versions or betas.

Chime in!

Thanks,
Lisa

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
KeziaPurrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I installed it weeks ago.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
In all likelihood it is the same thing that Amazon will push out in the near future. You'll just be getting it a little sooner.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
What tomsem said. There doesn't appear to be any showstopper bugs in it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Grabbed all the updates as soon as they got out: 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.0.3. My Kindle got better with each update, but I can't speak for the other Kindle-owners.

Here is a thread about it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=+update+3.0.3
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Me too!
Me too. So long ago I thought there might be a new one out.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
TatianaS
TatianaS began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KTouch, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I installed it weeks ago.
So did I.
TatianaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I got it the day it came out.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I grabbed all the preview versions up til this one, but for some reason I'm not feeling the need to grab this one. I'll wait til they push it out to everyone.

My K3's working great, not feeling any urgency to improve it.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
KeziaPurrs
Newbie but a Goodie
KeziaPurrs began at the beginning.

I went ahead and loaded it 3.0.3. I can't see any difference in performance. So I guess it's okay. As long as it stays that way........or better.

Lisa
KeziaPurrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
LUW
Ex-paperboy
LUW began at the beginning.

The upgrade was the first thing I did when I received my K3 two or three weeks ago.
Noticeable improvement!
LUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #12
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
I'm going to download and install it today. 3.03 came so fast on the heels of 3.02 that I am surprised it hasn't been made the official version by now. I wasn't in any hurry to download it, either, but last night my Kindle experienced it's first "involuntary" reboot - was trying to turn the page on the book I was reading, nothing happened, tried a couple of more times and suddenly the unit rebooted itself. I don't think there is anything in 3.03 that addresses this issue, but I figured it is an update to the drivers, etc., so it can't hurt!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
I'm going to download and install it today. 3.03 came so fast on the heels of 3.02 that I am surprised it hasn't been made the official version by now. I wasn't in any hurry to download it, either, but last night my Kindle experienced it's first "involuntary" reboot - was trying to turn the page on the book I was reading, nothing happened, tried a couple of more times and suddenly the unit rebooted itself. I don't think there is anything in 3.03 that addresses this issue, but I figured it is an update to the drivers, etc., so it can't hurt!

Holly
I'm on 3.0.3 and have a sporadical reboot when turning a page. My browser got better after each of the updates.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I was tempted to upgrade, but only being a preview version ,are they likely to alter it , and if they do can we update to final version over the preview one??
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #15
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
I was tempted to upgrade, but only being a preview version ,are they likely to alter it , and if they do can we update to final version over the preview one??
If the final version is different from the "early preview", yes. In that case, your Kindle will recognize the final version as newer and apply the update. In my experience, the final version is usually identical to the "early preview" though. In any case, we're not talking about alpha or beta software and IMHO there's little risk involved in grabbing an update before Amazon officially releases it or pushes it out OTA unless you Kindle isn't jailbroken yet.
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote