Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
offby1
offby1 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone w/ Stanza
Question (Development) What are these apparently-undefined python operators?

I'm looking at the calibre/gui2/convert/look_and_feel.py module, and it's got a bunch of operators in it whose provenance I can't determine:

Code:
    TITLE = _('Look & Feel')
    ICON  = I('lookfeel.svg')
    HELP  = _('Control the look and feel of the output')
The "_" and "I" functions... what are those and where are they defined?
offby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
They are special builtins the calibre environment defines. They are for easy access to resource files (icons/templates/etc.) and are defined in calibre.utils.resources
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
offby1

Well, that explains it. I'm editing using Emacs with flymake (an on-the-fly syntax checker) and it's choking on all of these undefined functions. I guess I need to figure out how to make it aware of those functions.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
offby1

@kovidgoyal: If you're still tracking this, I'm interested in maybe doing some ui tweaking in the preferences dialog, on Mac OSX. Does the QT designer work with these ui definitions, or do I have to modify them by hand?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They are created by Qt Designer.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by offby1 View Post
Well, that explains it. I'm editing using Emacs with flymake (an on-the-fly syntax checker) and it's choking on all of these undefined functions. I guess I need to figure out how to make it aware of those functions.
There's usually a way to specify builtins for syntax checkers.I use vim with pyflakes and that allows you to set a global variable with a list of extra builtins.

Tags
calibre, development, python