Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #151
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Do these people watch movies with their eyes closed and their brain switched off?
I don't know which channel it is, but on the weekends their movies consistently:
* Run without any interruptions;
* The movie listed in the schedule is not the movie being shown;
* As oft as not, the initial screen credits don't give the name of the movie;

Amber
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #152
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by faltradl View Post
Why deleting eBooks from your reader? There's really no need. My reader has no problems with loads of books!
How many is loads? I find both Kindle and Nook bog down about 700-800 books. I have more books than that. I typically move books to a folder called COMPLETED and eventually delete all of these when I've completed a series or marked it in my Calibre library. My online library with Amazon is so large it is just unwieldy. If I can't remember the name of the author or book, I have to scroll through more than 1000 ebooks. Easier to do with Calibre (and faster).

Quote:
Originally Posted by faltradl View Post
Why shall we do the useless work of manage this columne, if we don't need it?
If you don't need it, don't use it. The original poster simply asked a question. Wasn't asking or telling you what to do. Generally doesn't affect people with small libraries.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:05 PM   #153
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
This is often my issue. I just can't seem to decide in advance what I want to read, and will download one book, then another, and eventually find something that appeals right now. Also, being indecisive, searching is simply off the table, because I dont know which genre or author is going to tweak me. Sighh. First world problems and all that.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #154
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I never think in terms of genre and that makes deciding much easier for me.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #155
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please be aware that in approx. 6 months this issue should be revisited again for expressed opinions both pro and con as multitudinous thoughts are disseminated with intent bordering on rabid clarification and droll admonition.

To do otherwise is to invite.......incipient insanity.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #156
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Please be aware that in approx. 6 months this issue should be revisited again for expressed opinions both pro and con as multitudinous thoughts are disseminated with intent bordering on rabid clarification and droll admonition.

I enjoy every minute of insanity. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #157
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Sanity is overrated, I can ACT 'normal' I just don't particularly enjoy it.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote