Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Amazon Search Change?

I used to be able to search for a specific Kindle book on my iPad by going to the Amazon home page and choosing Kindle Store in the drop-down menu. Then I’d see a list of Kindle books related to my search.

Now I only see three rows: Sponsored Products related to this search, Most-viewed products related to your recent searches, and Your Browsing History.

Has Amazon changed the way search results are presented? How can I change it back?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #2
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
It looks the same as ever to me. I have www.amazon.com/kindle-store marked as a favorite, but there is a different landing page if you tap Kindle eBooks or Kindle Books in the menu. Neither of these look like what you are describing.

And you say ‘search’ which I assume means entering a search term in the search box at top of the page (once you land in Kindle Store / Kindle Books). Then it is just many pages of search results, not organized into rows.

One annoying thing they’ve been doing lately with the Deals is presenting the first page, but instead of a Next page you get See All Results button, and and when you click on that, you are presented with the same set of results again. I assume this is some placement thing that publishers can pay for: they get 2 looks instead of one. It’s not restricted to Kindle Store either.

What browser are you using?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I had problems with Amazon search earlier this year when they rolled out the 'nodes'. They didn't work with my set-up, I'd get no results beyond the first page. After a session with their tech support on live chat, it got confirmed, I spent a week using a different browser and reverted to Chrome.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
One annoying thing they’ve been doing lately with the Deals is presenting the first page, but instead of a Next page you get See All Results button, and and when you click on that, you are presented with the same set of results again. I assume this is some placement thing that publishers can pay for: they get 2 looks instead of one. It’s not restricted to Kindle Store either.
That has been buggung me as well, but it's just another example of their increasing use of dark patterns and sludge.

https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi...88&context=dlj
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #5
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
This must have been a temporary glitch, because it’s back to normal today.

Thanks for all your help.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon search, kindle