Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #31
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Code:
Exception code : 0x1003
Message        : E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect me@example.com CUS05051
My password contains special characters like &%$ - is there anything special I need to do for that to work?

*edit*
I've changed my password to remove special characters and I still get the same error.

Last edited by edent; 07-19-2021 at 11:38 AM.
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:46 AM   #32
soutade
soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by edent View Post
Code:
Exception code : 0x1003
Message        : E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect me@example.com CUS05051
My password contains special characters like &%$ - is there anything special I need to do for that to work?

*edit*
I've changed my password to remove special characters and I still get the same error.
You can try with option "-p" (or not). Is your AdobeID email correct (the one in your comment is not) ? I validated this part with a password containing "!" character, so it's strange...
I had this kind of error when my account was not fully validated in adobe.com
soutade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2021, 02:36 AM   #33
edent
Enthusiast
edent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteredent can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Likebook Ares, Kindle 3G, Nook STR, 511eb
Quote:
Originally Posted by soutade View Post
You can try with option "-p" (or not). Is your AdobeID email correct (the one in your comment is not) ? I validated this part with a password containing "!" character, so it's strange...
I had this kind of error when my account was not fully validated in adobe.com
Using the `-p` flag worked! Very strange. Thanks :-)
edent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #34
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Just found this library a couple days ago. Finally there's a working ADE replacement for Linux.

Though, I found two slight bugs in acsmdownloader. The first one is when I try to export the private key to a particular file like this: "acsmdownloader -d device.xml -a activation.xml -k devicesalt -o output.der -e" Then I get the following error:

Exception code : 0x1004

When I leave out the "-o output.der" then everything works.

The 2nd bug is a typo in the help output "Usage:" line. That one says the short form for "--device-key-file" would be "-s" but according to the help (and the source code) it seems to be "-k" instead.

Also, not sure if people would be interested in that, but I decided to create a Calibre plugin that includes libgourou so that you can configure your ADE account in the Calibre settings and just drag-and-drop your ACSM file into Calibre. If you're interested in that, here it is: https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-calibre-plugin

Though that plugin is for Linux only. Did you ever test compiling libgourou for Windows or for Mac? It'd be cool to have support for Windows and Mac in that plugin, too, so Windows users wouldn't need ADE either, but I don't know enough C++ to figure out why that fails.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 09-20-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:30 PM   #35
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also (sorry for double post but I can no longer edit my previous post) I seem to be unable to compile static versions. When I run "make BUILD_STATIC=1 STATIC_UTILS=1" I get
"undefined reference to symbol 'inflateEnd'"
and
"error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line".
Advert
Old 09-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #36
Leseratte_10
Groupie

And another post, I just tested this with a PDF from Adobe's Sample Library (https://www.adobe.com/de/solutions/e...k-library.html) - "The Goodbye Summer" and that didn't seem to work.

There's no error message, but it seems to not write the encryption key to the PDF correctly.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #37
soutade
soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Thanks for testing libgourou. I fixed all errors you reported and uploaded a new compiled version of libgourou (v0.4.1).
Old 09-28-2021, 09:45 AM   #38
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks for the bugfixes. Though I still can't compile a static version of the util tools, now I'm getting a different error when running "make BUILD_STATIC=1 STATIC_UTILS=1":
Spoiler:

Code:
$ LC_ALL=C make BUILD_STATIC=1 STATIC_UTILS=1
make -C utils ROOT=/tmp/kp/libgourou CXX=g++ AR=ar DEBUG= STATIC_UTILS=1
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/kp/libgourou/utils'
g++ -Wall `pkg-config --cflags Qt5Core Qt5Network` -fPIC -I/tmp/kp/libgourou/include -I/tmp/kp/libgourou/lib/pugixml/src/ -O2 drmprocessorclientimpl.cpp acsmdownloader.cpp `pkg-config --libs Qt5Core Qt5Network` -L/tmp/kp/libgourou -lcrypto -lzip -lz /tmp/kp/libgourou/libgourou.a -o acsmdownloader
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/kp/libgourou/libgourou.a(libgourou.o): in function `gourou::DRMProcessor::download(gourou::FulfillmentItem*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)':
libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x6727): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x68c3): undefined reference to `uPDFParser::Parser::parse(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x6c2b): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x6cd9): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x6e47): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x701d): undefined reference to `uPDFParser::String::String(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x7506): undefined reference to `uPDFParser::String::String(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x7704): undefined reference to `uPDFParser::String::String(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x78ad): undefined reference to `uPDFParser::Parser::write(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool)'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x78d5): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text+0x79a1): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/kp/libgourou/libgourou.a(libgourou.o): in function `gourou::DRMProcessor::download(gourou::FulfillmentItem*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >) [clone .cold]':
libgourou.cpp:(.text.unlikely+0x1845): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: libgourou.cpp:(.text.unlikely+0x187c): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/kp/libgourou/libgourou.a(libgourou.o): in function `uPDFParser::Parser::~Parser()':
libgourou.cpp:(.text._ZN10uPDFParser6ParserD2Ev[_ZN10uPDFParser6ParserD5Ev]+0x2e): undefined reference to `vtable for uPDFParser::Dictionary'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:21: acsmdownloader] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/kp/libgourou/utils'
make: *** [Makefile:63: build_utils] Error 2

EDIT: Also, it seems like your source code website http://indefero.soutade.fr/ is a bit buggy, whenever I try to edit my profile page I always get HTTP 500.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #39
soutade

All fixed now.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #40
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by soutade View Post
Hello everybody,

If (like me), you're fed up to reboot on Windows in order to launch ADE or use a very old version in combination to WINE, you're at the right place !

After a long reverse engineering work, I created a library that is a free implementation of ADEPT protocol. It also contains two (command line) utils allowing you to create a new device, register it to Adobe's servers and download ePub from ACSM request files.

You can find sources & binaries here : http://indefero.soutade.fr/p/libgourou

Cheers

Grégory
hi Gregory. I've been using ADE 2.0.1 (installed through Lutris) on my Linux Mint. But for about two weeks now, I've been having problems with it (When I drag and drop an ACSM file onto it, it says "Connection Error Detected"). So I'm glad to see your post.
I've downloaded your libgourou_utils_0.4.1.tgz and extracted the files. I read the readme.md file, I'm sorry... how do I use it?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #41
soutade

Hi droopy,

As mentioned into the README, you have two steps. Open a terminal and,
first, create a "device" (Public/Private key pairs) with the following command :
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$PWD
./activate -u <AdobeID USERNAME>

Then (a .adept directory is created), you can download your ePub with :
./acsmdownloader -f <ACSM_FILE>
Old 11-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #42
ReadOnLinux
ReadOnLinux began at the beginning.

Device: tolino epos
When trying to load a pdf book, I get the error
Quote:
Exception code : 0x1004
perhaps as the title contains the slash character. But when using the "-o x.pdf" switch, I get the error
Quote:
Download into x.pdf
Exception code : 0x5007
Ok, a epub file is a zip file but a pdf is not. The pdf file is downloaded but defective (cannot be opened even with ADE).

How can I solve this problem?
ReadOnLinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:01 AM   #43
ReadOnLinux

Some more information:
I downloaded the same book using ADE and compared both files. As a result both are nearly identical. The ADE file has a 11 line trailer containing
Quote:
6891 0 obj
<</EBX_PUBLISHER(some text)/Filter/E...
endobj
xref
6891 1
0011111111 00000 n
trailer
<</Root 1 0 R/Info 5 0 R/Encrypt 6891 0 R/ID[<...
startxref
%%EOF
Old 11-22-2021, 04:28 PM   #44
ReadOnLinux

Some more information:
The Object (e.g. 6891 0) has to be put a 2nd time with the "ADEPT_LICENSE" block. It seems that these informations (see e.g. src/libgourou.cpp (*ebx) in line 641) are not appended to the downloaded pdf file. But you know your code better than I do.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:33 AM   #45
soutade

Hello,

It's a mismatch, libgourou should detect a PDF file, but it assume it's an epub.
Can you send me ACSM file for analyze ?