Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question Little annoying dots above footer - patch responsible?

My Kobo Glo HD has been showing tiny dots above the footer which are the tops of letters from the first line of the next page. So if the next page starts with "the hunger...", the tops of the "th" and "h" will show between the last line and the footer. They don't always show, but I haven't yet found a line spacing setting in which they don't show at all.
They are really annoying because it looks like there's dust on the screen.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Here's a list of my applied patches in case one of these is responsible:
(I haven't changed any values in the line spacing and footer patches.)
  • patch_name = `Custom reading footer style`
  • patch_name = `My 24 line spacing values`
  • patch_name = `Custom left & right margins`
  • patch_name = `Custom font sizes`
  • patch_name = `Freedom to advanced fonts control`
  • patch_name = `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
  • patch_name = `Custom page refresh options (1,2,3,...,12)`
  • patch_name = `Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts`
  • patch_name = `Set kepub hyphenation`
  • patch_name = `Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs`
  • patch_name = `Always display chapter name on navigation menu`
  • patch_name = `Force user line spacing in KePubs`
  • patch_name = `Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)`
  • patch_name = `Un-Force user font-family in KePubs`
  • patch_name = `KePub full justification default`
  • patch_name = `Increase The Cover Size In Library`
  • patch_name = `Increasing The View Details Container`
  • patch_name = `Dictionary frame size`
  • patch_name = `Fix page breaks bug`
  • patch_name = `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
  • patch_name = `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
  • patch_name = `Changing the info panel in full size screensaver`
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are reading kepub, there's an issue where if the line hight is not enough, you can get part of the line at the bottom of the screen just above the footer and the rest of the line on the next screen. Those are not dots. They are part of the a line of text. The way to try to fix it is to increase the line height or switch to ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Do you by any chance have the FullScreen reading option set in the Kobo.conf file?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Do you by any chance have the FullScreen reading option set in the Kobo.conf file?
Where do I find this file? I only have "Kobo eReader.conf" in the .kobo folder and no such option in there.

I am reading kepubs, so I'll try to increase the line height.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
That was the file I meant. Some people have experienced page rendering issues with that option set in the Kobo eReader.conf file. (And no, I don't remember the exact option).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
If you are using the patch `Custom reading footer style` you probably don't use FullScreenReading.
As JSWolf said you need to increase the line height, see what GeoffR write here, "Beware...".
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
footer, kobo, patches