Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Try #3 for results Kobo Touch *STILL* not being recognized by Calibre

Kobo Touch *STILL* not being recognized by Calibre

This is the third time for this post: hope it is the charm . Once here once in Calibre forum and now I was told to b ring it back here!

The touch is recognized by the PC but NOT Calibre. I am using the latest version of Calibre on Windows XP.

Right now the only way to get the KT to connect to Calibre has been to do a factory reset and try connecting again: that is most inconvenient and not a suitable solution

here is the text of the error:
disk I/O error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 339, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 335, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 816, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 774, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 666, in set_readstatus
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Can anyone out there help?

If not I shall probably give up on using Calibre with my KT. Seems the owner's only concern with me is where I post, rather that me getting help. I had also seen his negative comments about Kobo on this board a while back so that should have been a forewarning to me:kinda turns off a customer/user to a product if you know what I mean.

If anyone else out there has had this problem and knows of a solution other than a factory re-set I would appreciate it. Other wise I shall consider it a lost cause and check in on occasion to find out if Calibre is ever made to work with Kobo Touch -- which is a fine Ereader!

In the meantime I guess I will do my KT side loading using the pc and a card reader. I just won't have the library and organizational functions of Calibre.

Thanks for reading and everyone have a fine weekend.

BTW Happy Birthday to me!
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This normally means either a corrupted database on the Kobo, or the file system itself is corrupted.

Have you tried a Windows chkdsk on it?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
SonDan1, I empathize with you. I had numerous problems with my KT and Calibre. Personally I think it's Windows XP that doesn't work well with them. When I was trying to get mine working, a lot of very helpful people posted different suggestions in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171786

I realize my error was different than yours, but some of the various suggestions may help you.

Good luck and Happy belated Birthday!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote