Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
haze
haze began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Library corrupt?

I opened calibre yesterday and got the following message, telling me my library was corrupt. I allowed it to try to restore, but it didn't work. Can my library be saved?

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 97, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 72, in perform_action
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 392, in choose_library_callback
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 478, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 201, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 210, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\prefs.py", line 21, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 166, in get
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I am sure it can be.
Worst cas you can reimport the books which will not take that long as they are all named by calibre and if converted should have metadata embedded.

Something similiar happened to me and I survived.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat error do you get when you try to restore?

You can just create a new library and click the arrow next to add books and choose add books one per folder, then select your old library folder to have the books re-added. This will preserve everything except metadata in custom columns.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote