Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Neophyte
Neophyte began at the beginning.

Device: A dinky Motorola. Looking forward to an e-reader.
Question Anyone familiar with iPreppress?

I recently learned of a company called iPreppress (www.ipreppress.com) which specializes in formatting ebooks and study guides for iPod. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, that they can share? I'm especially curious about it's application to study guides with HTML links in the text.
Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
I recently learned of a company called iPreppress (www.ipreppress.com) which specializes in formatting ebooks and study guides for iPod. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, that they can share? I'm especially curious about it's application to study guides with HTML links in the text.
Sounds kind of interesting especially if they supplement the text with audio to help you learn.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
There is something less expensive. You can have your books iPod formated here Just upload your book and they'll post it back in a little while afterwards. All they want in exchange is a little gift, all the info's on the site.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
There is something less expensive. You can have your books iPod formated here Just upload your book and they'll post it back in a little while afterwards. All they want in exchange is a little gift, all the info's on the site.
This looks interesting, thanks. Do you have any experience with them?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This looks interesting, thanks. Do you have any experience with them?
Tried it once just to see and it works as promised. Unfortunately my eyes do not perform as well reading on a Nano.

If you want to read the full experience, go to this thread.
There always are three books loaded on my pod in case I'm stuck somewhere, and that Nano is always with me when I leave the house. I hope your pod has a bigger screen!
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Tried it once just to see and it works as promised. Unfortunately my eyes do not perform as well reading on a Nano.

If you want to read the full experience, go to this thread.
There always are three books loaded on my pod in case I'm stuck somewhere, and that Nano is always with me when I leave the house. I hope your pod has a bigger screen!
Well, I have a 4th gen 20 gig-- which is totally dead and needs service (anyone notice how ipods tend to do this within 18 mos of purchase?) and a 4gig mini, so i'd have to clear some music to use it as a reader. The screen in a bit bigger, but not much. Honestly, I see something like this being more suited to a 5th gen ipod with the bigger color screen. And for obvious reasons, this cannot even be attempted with a shuffle. How is the battery life on your ipod when you use it as a reader?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Well, I have a 4th gen 20 gig-- which is totally dead and needs service (anyone notice how ipods tend to do this within 18 mos of purchase?) and a 4gig mini, so i'd have to clear some music to use it as a reader. The screen in a bit bigger, but not much. Honestly, I see something like this being more suited to a 5th gen ipod with the bigger color screen. And for obvious reasons, this cannot even be attempted with a shuffle. How is the battery life on your ipod when you use it as a reader?
Obviously having the screen on full blast takes its toll but my eyes won't last as long without crying It's an 8gb Nano, it won't do video, I didn't want the fragility of a hard drive since I drop everything. It's doing great so far.