Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
dpeace
dpeace began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
PDF to EPUB missing illustrations

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere; I've looked at the FAQ (the images aren't vector - at least, if I extract them from the PDF using Acrobat, they're not) and done several searches of the forum.

I'm wanting to convert a batch of 150 PDFs into ePUBs and copy them across to a Samsung Galaxy Tab (which is, for me, a nigh-on perfect ereader) for reading in Aldiko.

Everything works perfectly, other than that the illustrations are stripped. This is a minor inconvenience, other than that the illustrations have italicised captions, which are carried across and break the flow of the text.

I've had a look at the conversion options, but can't see anything that might help.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Darren
Hungerford, UK
dpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
hard to say without looking at the PDF file in question.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert