Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (2), PW2 (1), PW3 (4)
How to format .mobi files to send to Kindle

How can I format the .mobi books I send to my Kindle so Amazon recognizes the the author field should be sorted LN FN even if the field shows FN LN. Amazon takes the author name literally and sorts it FN LN on the devices. Its as if the author field isn't an actual name and just another title.

Either I send the file formatted with a comma (LN,_FN underscore is only shown here to indicate the space between the comma and the FN) and the author sort is right, but then the file shows up in Content and Devices as the author being LN, FN and only the last name is shown. Or I send the file FN LN and the sort is off but the whole name shows up in the list.

Its like Amazon doesn't want people sending items to their Kindles.(Duh).

The goal is to have the book authors I send to my Kindle match the author sort Amazon uses and have the whole author name show up in the C & Devices.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote