Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Serviss, Garrett P.: The Moon Metal (1900) v1

A huge gold deposit is found in Antarctica and gold becomes common, the world's financial markets go into a tailspin and every currency loses its value.

A group of bankers meet to save the world, and they are approached by a Dr. Syx, who has a source of a new metal to replace gold which only he can produce. All the metal comes out of his mine and mill in the Rockies.

Two adventurous engineers try to uncover the secret of the new metal.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Moon Metal - Garrett P. Serviss.epub (296.6 KB, 349 views)

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 11-10-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Looks good, thanks! I like your formatting.

Did you realize that you have two copies of the cover inside the epub? You have cover.jpeg as the "title page" and then cover.jpg at the beginning of the main text. They seem to both be the same file size and resolution...

Edit: I just looked in The Exploits of Elaine and the cover is handled the same way there. I guess this has something to do with the way Calibre builds epub books?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks, yes, this is the way I do it:

I start with a simple rtf file with the cover jpeg at the top; by the time the file has wended its way through to html and is loaded into Calibre it shows up without a cover; so I add the cover in Calibre, and you get two copies; the original on the html file, and the one from Calibre. Doubtless there's a better way. But this has worked for me, and I'm too conservative now to change my procedure. If it isn't broken don't mess with it.

I'm glad you like the formatting. I believe a digital book is a digital book, and don't try to emulate the printed book format. I design it to be simple and easy to create, and equally simple and easy to use on my Kindle.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote