Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #61
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I totally agree. It's getting a little too heavy handed around here lately. It makes the conversations not as enjoyable, imo. I'm sure this will be deleted since I'm off topic, but my 2 cents worth anyway.
I think one instance that we are requested to stay on topic and not speculate is not heavy handed at all. Hopefully we will learn some useful factual information about Amazon's policy regarding closed accounts.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #62
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
I think one instance that we are requested to stay on topic and not speculate is not heavy handed at all. Hopefully we will learn some useful factual information about Amazon's policy regarding closed accounts.
I think Sparklemotion is referring to more than posts in this thread. I've seen what seems like quite a few topics with moderators posting that they will be closing threads and/or deleting off topic posts lately.

Moderators--feel free to delete my post if you see the need.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #63
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I think Sparklemotion is referring to more than posts in this thread. I've seen what seems like quite a few topics with moderators posting that they will be closing threads and/or deleting off topic posts lately.
That's correct. Thanks for clarifying, dordale.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #64
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Please, has anyone heard anything new about closing?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:22 AM   #65
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please see Moderator's post #52 and #53.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #66
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please, has anyone heard anything new about closing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
(Moderator)
What does that have to do with Cinisajoy's question? It seems to me that her question is completely on topic?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #67
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
What does that have to do with Cinisajoy's question? It seems to me that her question is completely on topic?

Shari
Bear in mind that intervening posts may have been deleted.

I had hoped to keep this thread on-topic. Clearly that is a hopeless cause.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #68
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Bear in mind that intervening posts may have been deleted.

I had hoped to keep this thread on-topic. Clearly that is a hopeless cause.
Not hopeless at all. Just keep a balance, more on topic than off. Cinisajoy had a on topic question though, and this is why her post wasn't deleted.

Last edited by Wearever; 10-15-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #69
Snowfox
Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snowfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
(Moderator)
I have to say that I'm quite offended and confused. My post was not speculative. Merely reading through the Amazon.com forum thread that I linked showed quite clearly that Amazon told the customer that she would retain access to her ebooks.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #70
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
I have to say that I'm quite offended and confused. My post was not speculative. Merely reading through the Amazon.com forum thread that I linked showed quite clearly that Amazon told the customer that she would retain access to her ebooks.
I am not sure since I am fairly new but I think your link was against forum rules.
I do believe that one is not allowed to link to other forums. So no need to be offended.
I know that rule exists on nearly every forum I have belonged too.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #71
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Quote:
I am not sure since I am fairly new but I think your link was against forum rules.
I do believe that one is not allowed to link to other forums. So no need to be offended.
pdurrant had already linked to the Amazon thread in the eighth post in this thread, here.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #72
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
In addition to the fact that pdurrant already posted that link, it was not actually shown, clearly or otherwise.
The only thing that was shown is that the customer was told several contradictory things.

Quote:
MR does not have an inferiority complex.

The forum rules are easy to check, there's a link at the bottom of every page (and HERE is another one).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #73
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
In addition to the fact that pdurrant already posted that link, it was not actually shown, clearly or otherwise.
The only thing that was shown is that the customer was told several contradictory things.

MR does not have an inferiority complex.

The forum rules are easy to check, there's a link at the bottom of every page (and HERE is another one).
What would I do without you?
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:01 AM   #74
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
This is Copy - Paste from the thread over on Amazon... What another customer says:

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 9:49:14 PM PDT

melly says:

Same exact thing happened to me for returning Ebola that Amazon themselves told me to return because of downloading issues. Then they realized the kindle itself was defective but by them they had closed my account. I do have access to my books and if I need to register a new kindle they open my account for 24 hours. And nothing will make them take a real look at what happened. I did what Amazon themselves told me to do but they will not under any circumstances give me my account back.

... Finally so good news! ...

Last edited by Barbara1955; 10-19-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:25 AM   #75
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
[Quoting an Amazon customer whose account has been closed] I do have access to my books and if I need to register a new kindle they open my account for 24 hours.
Thanks! That is very interesting. So continued access to their digital content is maintained, even if devices need to be replaced.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote