Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Does Anyone use OneNote?

I think this would be very useful for my wife, on her Fire HD 10, but the reviews on Amazon are less than spectacular.

Does anyone use this on their Fire HD? Can the Fire Browser use the online version (effectively)?

If no to both those questions, can anyone recommend an alternative? I think she would want to copy online screen shots into whatever note taking software she would use with as little hassle as possible.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I use OneNote, but on my computer.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I prefer Evernote. I think I tried OneNote at some point, but didn't want to have a Microsoft account.

We have Evernote on all of our devices, iPhones and iPads, and the computer. Having all important info at hand, no matter where we are, is great. Especially for medical info.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I have used OneNote for years on my computer and tablets. It is free.
I believe Evernote charges if you use it on more than 2 devices. Someone correct me if I am incorrect. I like access to my notes on any of my devices.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
I have used OneNote for years on my computer and tablets. It is free.
I believe Evernote charges if you use it on more than 2 devices. Someone correct me if I am incorrect. I like access to my notes on any of my devices.
I'd like to know specifically about the Kindle fire version, is that what you are referring to? I have OneNote on my PC, and my "real" Android tablet. We have the 5 license Office 360 subscription. She does not use OneNote on any device at present.

My wife has a very low level of tolerance of learning technical stuff. If it isn't easy to use, and if it doesn't work without technical glitches, she won't use it. I'm comfortable with OneNote for the PC.

I'm trying to figure out if it is worth suggesting to her, and then figuring out how to make it work.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Why not try it and see? It's a free app, correct?

I've had several Fire models, none worked dependably without tech glitches, except the HDX 7" Fire from 2013.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Well I can tell you that I have a still working Fire HDX 7 that has OneNote installed on it and it works just fine. But it is an HDX 7, not the fire HD 10. I just now copied my first online screenshot with it to see how it worked and it did send the screenshot to OneNote. It was not complicated. Give it a try...nothing to lose.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It works fine on my Fire HD8 (7th generation). I have not been using this device much in the last 6 months or so, but it seemed OneNote got pretty regular updates back then.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
If no to both those questions, can anyone recommend an alternative? I think she would want to copy online screen shots into whatever note taking software she would use with as little hassle as possible.
I use Simplenote because it's very ... simple (didn't realize how that was going to come out). It's also completely free. I just use it for text and that's mainly why I like it. It doesn't try to format anything (straight text) and for me, formatting just gets in the way. I've got it on my the Windows partition of my laptops, on the laptops with 64-bit Linux, on my Fire 7 tablet and on my Blackberry Q10 phone. On the 32-bit Linux computers I have to use nvPY, which is a client for Simplenote (it works just as well and syncs with the others). I also log on to the web version if I'm using my wife's computer. It's put out by the same people who put out WordPress (Automattic). You can even post notes on the Internet (space provided by Simplenote) and give links to friends or family members.

I also have Evernote, but I hardly ever use it now.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I use Simplenote because it's very ... simple (didn't realize how that was going to come out). It's also completely free

. . .

I also have Evernote, but I hardly ever use it now.
Thanks it sounds interesting, do you know if you can copy web pages into it? There isn't a lot of detailed description on their web site.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Thanks it sounds interesting, do you know if you can copy web pages into it? There isn't a lot of detailed description on their web site.
Not formatted web pages. Simplenote is purely straight text.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote