Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #91
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frools View Post
Also doesnt seem to happen with smaller ePUB files, i have a 40kb ePUB book on there too which loads fine (and much faster than html/txt) everytime
Is the large ePub conforming to Adobe's 300K per section limit? This limit may not longer apply (No more 300k limit per flow on latest DE SDK ?) but there might still be bugs with long flows. If it is DRM-free, then running Calibre on the ePub (ePub in, ePub out) should give you conforming section lengths. You could also try converting your HTML ebook to ePub using Calibre to check if the ePub version is still ok with bookmarks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #92
Frools
Frools began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I have not experienced any epub crashes, so far. Well not exactly true: One ePub didn't open and the system didn't stop loading, so I had to do a reset. Even a 5.6 mb ePub worked fine.
if i PM you a link to the particular epub that ALWAYS crashes mine, think you could test it?

also fwiw every epub on my reader has been converted via calibre (aside from the test one i did with stanza)

edit:
also on boot mine shows version 1.11-2, is that the same for everyone else? i would assume it is

Last edited by Frools; 07-17-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Frools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #93
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frools View Post
if i PM you a link to the particular epub that ALWAYS crashes mine, think you could test it?

also fwiw every epub on my reader has been converted via calibre (aside from the test one i did with stanza)

edit:
also on boot mine shows version 1.11-2, is that the same for everyone else? i would assume it is
1) Yes please do PM it to me
2) calibre all the way here
3) I am at work currently. I'll look as soon as I'm home.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #94
Carsten S
Carsten S began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G | COOL-ER
Learn the hard way

Ok now the COOL-ER won't boot any more

It stays at the gradient upstart picture, even refusing to turn off.
What I did was a reset while the COOL-ER was in USB mode.

I will write back, maybe in 1 - 2 month later when i guess it is fixed.
Carsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #95
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
1) Yes please do PM it to me
2) calibre all the way here
3) I am at work currently. I'll look as soon as I'm home.
*gasp!!* You do not take your 'portable' reader everywhere?

SACRILEGE!!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #96
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
*gasp!!* You do not take your 'portable' reader everywhere?

SACRILEGE!!
This is clearly a rotten ePub. Crashed my ADE, too!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 07-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #97
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
With all the crashes and issues, I think I am going to avoid the COOL-ER.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #98
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Just like Windows....never get the new OS until the first Service Pack/Update comes out. Never get a new reader until the first firmware patch is released.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #99
Frools
Frools began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
i think all my crashing problems come down to having a bad source for the conversion
i ran the source through html tidy, then re-converted with calibre and it works fine
Frools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #100
xtreamcool
xtreamcool began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Mysteriously, the book recovered itself. I changed the file structure well, I think here are some rules for using Cool-er:
1. Do NOT mess around with the default folders and file structures.
2. Do NOT connect it to a PC when you are reading a book. This will seriously screw it up .
3. Do NOT open too many books at the same time.
xtreamcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #101
ytrushkov
ytrushkov began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Does anybody found how to change the date on the device (mine shows 18 FEB)
ytrushkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #102
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
date?

I am not sure what you mean by the date?

On mine it shows the date of the ebook being added?

So far I am not having trouble with mine, I have used both Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions to transfer over books in epub format. I also threw a .lit format book on it, which it simply did not show up on the book list.

The page turning button is a bit harder to push than I like, though some of that could be an ergonomic issue rather than the button actually not working well. I can see how it would be a problem for someone with larger hands.

I remember some of the reviewers saying that it felt flimsy? I would say that is due to the light weight, as opposed to the plastic feeling cheap. The weight is a bit light and when held I can feel the battery cover not being seamless, I am not sure that is fixable though? Maybe put the battery cover at the top of the device?

Mine doesn't seem to charge all the way? The light it still red and it has been more than 3 hours. Though when I unplugged it to read the battery showed as being more or less full.

Odd things I have noticed? When scrolling through books when you reach the end of the page the down button just puts you back at the top of the page instead of sending you to the next one. You have to hit the left arrow to go to the next page.

Also I noted ghosting of page numbers on some of the pages, I am not sure if that is a ADE issue or the Cool-er? I shows up sometimes where you can faintly see the page number on the edge and it can make the last 2 letters of a word more or less unreadable. Its more of an annoyance and oddity than anything else in my opinion.

Location errors? I tried to order a book from the cool-er book store, but I got a location error saying that it was not available in my region? I am in the US, so I am wondering if the store is catering to people in the UK or Europe?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #103
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I am not sure what you mean by the date?

On mine it shows the date of the ebook being added?

So far I am not having trouble with mine, I have used both Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions to transfer over books in epub format. I also threw a .lit format book on it, which it simply did not show up on the book list.

The page turning button is a bit harder to push than I like, though some of that could be an ergonomic issue rather than the button actually not working well. I can see how it would be a problem for someone with larger hands.

I remember some of the reviewers saying that it felt flimsy? I would say that is due to the light weight, as opposed to the plastic feeling cheap. The weight is a bit light and when held I can feel the battery cover not being seamless, I am not sure that is fixable though? Maybe put the battery cover at the top of the device?

Mine doesn't seem to charge all the way? The light it still red and it has been more than 3 hours. Though when I unplugged it to read the battery showed as being more or less full.

Odd things I have noticed? When scrolling through books when you reach the end of the page the down button just puts you back at the top of the page instead of sending you to the next one. You have to hit the left arrow to go to the next page.

Also I noted ghosting of page numbers on some of the pages, I am not sure if that is a ADE issue or the Cool-er? I shows up sometimes where you can faintly see the page number on the edge and it can make the last 2 letters of a word more or less unreadable. Its more of an annoyance and oddity than anything else in my opinion.

Location errors? I tried to order a book from the cool-er book store, but I got a location error saying that it was not available in my region? I am in the US, so I am wondering if the store is catering to people in the UK or Europe?

Amy
Date: I see no date on mine either

Page turning: Yeah, it is quite hard for someone with big hands. I grow used to it, though!

Charge: I think there are some issues with the control of the light. Works fine otherwise!

Ghosting of pagenumbers: Yeah. Don't know why that happens.

library navigation: Pretty irritating, huh?
Old 07-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #104
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
(if someone manage to get a firmware update/factory install of the cooler, I will be happy to have a copy )
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #105
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Some of the problems are sounding similar to what I found with my CyBook, also made by Netronix. I'm referrring to:
- Hard to turn pages
- Mysterious crashes
- Incomplete software (don't connect to a pc and read or it will crash?)

My Kindle has been much more rock solid -- I'm not claiming they are perfect (see books deleted by Amazon) -- just that the software/hardware is much more stable. For my son, I'm leaning towards the Hanlin (ezreader pocket pro).

I hope the Hanlin stuff is more solid. Any feedback on Hanlin versus Netronix?
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote