Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
hilibnist
hilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned offhilibnist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: Kindle for iOS, Kindle (3rd gen)
"Send to Kindle" docs - incorrect author (surname only)

Hello folks, last year I started using the "Send to Kindle" app for Windows. I used to email mobi files to my Kindle, but Amazon regularly asked me to verify my email address. The App was fine for a while, but after a hiccup before Christmas 2020 (inserting an email address, instead of the book's author) my mobi files now arrive with just the author's surname.

It's not the end of the world but it's not right. I've tried leaving the author name blank (to pick up the author from the metadata), manually typing it and even sending mobi files by email... for the last couple of months all my mobi files arrive with only the author's surname. That's the same result using the app as emailing.

Has anybody else seen this, or better still, have a suggestion how to retain the full author's name?
hilibnist is offline   Reply With Quote