Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2021, 04:52 PM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Upon today's update from the Apprentice I converted the KFX of the B084M663VB sample to epub with Calibre.
I am curious to see how quickly Amazon reacts to that new capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
I noticed that the fonts are not obfuscated and are not encrypted (as they were in the KF8 version).

I am guessing Amazon (is) was confident in KFX and felt no need to go the extra mile in this format.
Font obfuscation in KF8 is based on the IETF font obfuscation algorithm. The key is stored along with the data so it isn't at all effective in preventing them from being decoded.

There is essentially no protection of resources (images and fonts) in Kindle e-book formats. DRM only protects the text.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #17
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
There is essentially no protection of resources (images and fonts) in Kindle e-book formats. DRM only protects the text.
ACK, good point. Previously, after a peek to Caliber code, I had already decoded these fonts from KF8.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert