Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Writing with Note 3

Hi, I'm writing this message using the Note3 and an external mechanical keyboard. After some days using the Note 3 I think I'm in love with it. It has a lot of things the M96 only promised to have, and a many are working fine.

I tried to use it to read Coursera lessons and watch Coursera videos, and it works great. I could use half screen to read the text lessons, and half to write notes about the lesson, or put a video in full screen with subtitles and watch video-lesson on e-ink. Amazing.

I think this is one of the best machine I had.

There are also some problems, I share here some impressions, if someone wants to comment or suggest solutions:
a) the fast mode is too slow to write with ten fingers, and the A2 leaves many artifacts while you are writing. I'd like to test the A2 mode with a automatic refresh every some typing, but the option in app preferences is not working at all. It seems to me the automatic refresh is working only for normal mode, that is a nonsense.
b) Neoreader 3 is the worst ereader I ever seen. There is no support for ePub original CSS and sometimes it makes mistakes in paginating ebook. The only reason I'm using it is the possibility to take handwriting notes on ePub, that it's great even tho all the system is very fragile. If I only change the hypen many notes become icons, and the export system has got some problems too.
c) I think there are some problems related to the way Neoreader manages the "find" option for terms inside the ePub: when I found a term, the page Neoreader build is not a correct sequenced page starting from the beginning of the chapter. So if I begin to take note after a "find", I'm taking note on a page that is gonna change if I open the same place turning pages in normal reading. I think, I'm not sure, this is the cause of the bug in exporting pages I meet sometimes, where handwriting notes are not in the right places.

Other impressions from you? Suggested application?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
I currently own Boox Nova 3 and would agree that it is the best e-reading device I've had so far. Its main virtue is that it combines Android (optimized) with E-ink screen.

I have also tried connecting an external keyboard (via Bluetooth) and the screen refresh speed is sort of acceptable for me. I wasn't expecting anything better from an e-ink screen.

As far as Neoreader goes, I like it. However, I mostly read mobis and pdfs, so I can't say much about epub experience. But the beauty of Boox is that you can install any reader that exists on Android and not be tied to a closed ecosystem.

In fact, I switch daily between Neoreader, Kindle and our national EmpikGo reader, often reading three or more books at the same time and this seems quite painless with my Boox.
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2021, 05:58 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by macminer View Post
As far as Neoreader goes, I like it. However, I mostly read mobis and pdfs, so I can't say much about epub experience. But the beauty of Boox is that you can install any reader that exists on Android and not be tied to a closed ecosystem.
True, but Neoreader is the only one offers freehand notes on epub.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote