Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Page setup profiles?

I wasn't sure if it was possible to have different page setup profiles?

For example in the css override box I'd like to use a different set of css codes for LRF vs Epub. The same applies to the margins, my LRF use 1 and the epubs are set to 5, and the font sizes are different..

It would be interesting if when the output format was selected each one would have it's own settings that can be saved.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC conversion settings are saved separately for each input/output combination, but I could be wrong.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC conversion settings are saved separately for each input/output combination, but I could be wrong.
What does IIRC mean?

I'll look at the manual again. From what I could tell there is one setting for page setup and the css style box, but there are tabs for different formats which have specific settings for those formats. But I don't recall seeing an option to save specific settings for epub and LRF or mobi.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
What does IIRC mean?
If I Recall Correctly.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
If I Recall Correctly.
ah, okay that makes sense.

I'm going to have to look at this again when I'm home from work.
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
okay, I checked and I have no clue how to edit the conversion settings for the Look and Feel section.

I need a separate css code for my epub vs the mobi and lrf. I just wasn't sure if there was a automated way to do this or if I should just copy and paste. I currently have the codes in notepad.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Set your desired output format in the top right corner, then change whatever settings you want click ok. open the conversion dialog again and change the output format to something else, set new settings and click OK. In the future, for that book, the different settings will be used each time you re-convert.

There's no way to do this at a general level (i.e. for all books)
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Set your desired output format in the top right corner, then change whatever settings you want click ok. open the conversion dialog again and change the output format to something else, set new settings and click OK. In the future, for that book, the different settings will be used each time you re-convert.

There's no way to do this at a general level (i.e. for all books)
So this only works one book at a time. Because what you described is what I've been doing...I think. Normally when I add a new book to Calibre it uses the default saved settings I set in preferences.

Basically, I was looking to see if there was a way to set my preferences so every time I select epub as the output format it automatically populates my epub settings. Or if I pick LRF I get the LRF preferences.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, I'm afraid there isn't.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #10
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
No, I'm afraid there isn't.

Yeah I kind of suspected there wasn't.

But would this be something that would be possible as a feature request?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No it would cause too much confusion for most people.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
No it would cause too much confusion for most people.
Yeah I can kind of see that...

Thanks for answering.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's a fine balance, keeping calibre as flexible as possible, but preventing it from becoming too difficult to use for the new user.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
It's a fine balance, keeping calibre as flexible as possible, but preventing it from becoming too difficult to use for the new user.
I also get the impression that what I'm doing creating multiple formats isn't exactly common. Most people I know create one format and stick to it.

It does seem like a very fine balancing act. My friend who just started using calibre was completely overwhelmed at first and I realize if there were even more options it may have been even worse.