Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Lexerd Anti-glare Screen Protector

Just installed this today.

The Lexerd Anti-glare Screen Protector is adhesive. The typical package came with a squeeze card and lint free cloth and a screen protector.

Installation was easy. I basically went into the a steamed up bathroom. Used compressed air to clean off the screen. Then proceeded to install the screen protector wearing a pair of lint free latex gloves as recommended. Once installed, I squeezed out a few bubbles. No water required. No bubbles found.

Turning on the screen reveals a light haze that blurs out the image a little. But glare effect seems to be a little subdued. I hope the haze will fade away as mentioned by another poster here regarding the Wrapsol screen protector https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...30&postcount=3

In case another is wondering, there is little gap between the frame and the screen protector so your whole screen is well protected.

The text is readable, but I'll have to reserve further judgment to see if the haze goes away or not.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I have it on my 600 and I like it very much. To charge twice the price for a protector one inch longer is absurd.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
alejandrolauva
alejandrolauva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I've enjoyed mine. I think it does a completely acceptable job. In fact, I recently removed it for comparison because of the complaints I've read about it not being effective. In my opinion it is, and I can't wait to put one back on. I rarely use my 600 without a booklight so if there is any loss of contrast I'm unaware. The most obnoxious glare on the 600 to me is the mirror image of myself when not using a book light under incandescent lighting. Add a booklight and the Lexerd Anti-glare screen protector and I'm a happy camper.
alejandrolauva is offline   Reply With Quote