Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
veeraganesh
Enthusiast
veeraganesh began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
Smile Irex 1000S Delivery in UK

Hi Folks

I made a call to UK iRex distributor regarding the shipping times of 1000S in UK. He said some are expected this week, but not quite sure. They are doing next day delivery for extra 10£ ( usually it is 10£, 20£ for next day as I understood). He did sound something strange as saying " It is realitively new product and it will do what it says on the box, but future updates will make it a complete product....something like that" I smell something is wrong . Any way I am going to place the order this week, fingers crossed.
veeraganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeraganesh View Post
He did sound something strange as saying " It is realitively new product and it will do what it says on the box, but future updates will make it a complete product....something like that" I smell something is wrong
We already know that some features (eg suspend) will only be implemented in a future firmware release. I'd imagine that's what he's referring to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
veeraganesh
Enthusiast

I got an email saying they are expecting delivery today.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
veeraganesh
Enthusiast

In stock. Next day delivery 20£
Old 10-09-2008, 04:56 AM   #5
attila
attila began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Thanks veeraganesh.

Based on your kind information I canceled (at least wrote the mail) my order at the irexshop (ordered on 22th September, not even shipped yet...) and ordered it with next day delivery from Libresco.

Last edited by attila; 10-09-2008 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
attila

It has arrived. Excellent service. Now I just have to make sure that irexshop cancels my order there...

It is gorgeus!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Attila, how is battery life with yours? Does it improve, when you turn wacom off in the options? Thanks

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
attila

Don't know it exactly yet, I used it with Stylus On most of the time. However it looks pretty bad anyway (as the other threads say). Tried it right know, and it is down to 3 bars from fully loaded in an hour with stylus off...

Although the screen is really nice, and I am ok with the buttons (with light on, sound off).

But they have to seriously improve the software, even the pdf reader is bad sometimes, it does not cache too cleverly. For example I tend do just go a couple of pages back, to reread something, it always takes a lot more than going forward (they throw it out of the cache and I don't think they should)...

The funny thing is what they have in the about box:
sg like Acknowledgements: we thank for all those who helped us with pointing out things (with the Iliad) and thanks for the team, who have worked so-so hard that it is beyond words (and special thanks to spouses, etc.).
That suggest me two things : it was really rushed into the market (not even half-ready), probably because in the fear of competition. But if they worked this hard why should they be let down with this terrible PR/customer service?