Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #40576
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Spanish rice. It came out as tomato rice. Totally different flavor.

Sent from my XT1528
Some restaurants here do make it that way but yes totally different flavor.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #40577
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a whole bunch of (cheap) dies from Aliexpress. They have started to trickle in. I've just cut a few shapes and it gave me a couple of ideas. One is of an owl and one of the globe (though when cut out it's actually the mirror image) and both really lend themselves to paper piecing (cut out the main shape in one colour, cut it again in another colour(s) and piece the little paper bits into the main shape). It looks like Monday will be a creative day.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #40578
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I wonder if the mirror-imaged globe is meant to be cut on the back side of your paper, so that the good side is NOT reversed?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #40579
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wonder if the mirror-imaged globe is meant to be cut on the back side of your paper, so that the good side is NOT reversed?
If I flip it over, which isn't a problem, it doesn't look as nice. It's got sharper edges and you get the impression of the cutting plates in the paper (especially if the paper is "softer"). Not a huge problem, most people wouldn't notice that it's less nice if I use it on a card, but I see it. I don't mind using a mirrored image when I use it for my personal projects (photo journalling and mixed media), the likelihood that anyone is interested in that is very slim.

If I want a nice, clean cut of a globe I can use my electronic cutter, I have to image of a globe in my library. But it's a bit of a hassle to get the thing fired up for one small thing.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #40580
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've read over 120 pages today so I decided that tonight I'm going to play some games on my notebook instead of read (what I usually do at night). Also my Kindle only had about half a charge left, and that makes me nervous. Yes, I know that'll last my a couple of days, but still.

I've made tea, I've got a snack and I'm going to find something on the tv for background noise and have a lazy night in.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #40581
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mom and Sis dropped off some pizza from a local place.
Very expensive. I don't think I've had them since I was a teen.

They use process cheese I think white American. I can barely taste any sauce but the entire pizza is covered in whole slices of bacon. Yum! They still put cinnamon in their sauce something I've never seen anyone else do.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #40582
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
GRILLING in this freakishly warm weather.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #40583
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Settling back in front of my desktop.

As usual, my wife exiled me from the TV/computer room and barricaded herself in so that she could watch the Oscars in peace.

So, did anything interesting happen?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:15 AM   #40584
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

It's Monday so it's errands day today. Including a trip to Ikea, where I'm going to get 2x2 Kallax shelves to replace my small bedside table and another Raskog cart, and another couple of bits and bobs. Then it's off to Staples to get some supplies for the store, get the car washed and pick up my order at the craft store.

After that I can put my new bedroom things together. I love putting Ikea things together, I'm not fast but it's one of those things that I enjoy.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #40585
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just finished dismantling and stacking the remains of
my garden shed,which a severe storm last week took
(partly) down for me! Have to get it removed now and
then start again!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 AM   #40586
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

As usual, my wife exiled me from the TV/computer room and barricaded herself in so that she could watch the Oscars in peace.

Not that I'm aware of. All went off without a hitch.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #40587
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Grading papers... need. more. coffee.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #40588
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not that I'm aware of. All went off without a hitch.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #40589
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Laughing at Amazon. I was talking to a person here about Mexican food. Top recommendation when I looked at Amazon this morning was a Mexican cookbook in the books box.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:39 AM   #40590
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Contemplating what to read after I finish my current book maybe today, most likely tomorrow. I'm doing a mini challenge to finish some series and after finishing my current book I'm allowed to read a free choice book. However, with just one book left to finish the challenge I'm thinking about skipping the free choice book and go straight to the final book on the list. As a compromise I might read a short(er) story.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?