Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
muppetsinspace
muppetsinspace began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
deactivate text to speech within Kindle Touch .mobi file while reading

Hey there,

Okay, so I'm kind of an amateur at this: is there ANY way, when creating a book file in html for Kindle Touch, to use markup to designate certain text as unreadable or invisible when Text-to-Speech is being used? For example,

This is a sentence.

would be coded as

This is a <hypothetical markup>sentence.</hypothetical markup>

and whatever that markup is would mean that Text-to-Speech would read aloud "This is a" instead of "This is a sentence."

I really appreciate any help I can get here, I keep thinking there has to be a way, but I could just be overly optimistic. Thank you!
muppetsinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can't be done, AFAIK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Anyone know which lib does the work?

I could dig around with a bit more info on the lib in question.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, text-to-speech