Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Prime free month still applies

Just received new kfhd and it came with the free month of Prime, which is helpful for me, while in the USA. Even though the offer was no longer listed on the website. Device is great, and the 7" size isn't so difficult. Typing is fine, once i turned off the predictive stuff. Couldn't find the Dropbox app though, didn't it used to be available?
Hope i can sideload it.
Florida is wonderful, nice break from winter.

Using Tapatalk app for forums, easy and fun to use. Nice format for finding topics and new posts.

Last edited by rgeorg; 01-14-2013 at 06:37 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Dropbox is available in the amazon store, but not for my 2nd gen Fire, so maybe not for the HD either. If you have another android device you can get it that way and sideload, I'm sure, with the file es app. Or, you can get it from 1mobile.com or getjar or something similar.

I just read, you can just browse to https://www.dropbox.com/android and download the apk, then install with es file explorer.

Last edited by booklover6; 01-14-2013 at 08:13 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fire HD comes with 20 gb of FREE cloud storage provided by Amazon. Guess they figured thats all you needed... or you could buy more from amazon.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 01-15-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sideloading link worked fine and dropbox installed and happy. Thanks for the direction.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Just received new kfhd and it came with the free month of Prime, which is helpful for me, while in the USA. Even though the offer was no longer listed on the website. Device is great, and the 7" size isn't so difficult. Typing is fine, once i turned off the predictive stuff. Couldn't find the Dropbox app though, didn't it used to be available?
Hope i can sideload it.
Florida is wonderful, nice break from winter.

Using Tapatalk app for forums, easy and fun to use. Nice format for finding topics and new posts.
It is $2.99? Did you get it from AMazon or GP?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
rgeorg
Guru

Must have been Amazon, but not certain since have downloaded maybe A hundred apps in these few days. Bought the 7" finally since, once the tablet novelty wears off, I will use it basically as an ereader. But since I am using mobile apps for browsing, like news etc, the articles are formatted very legibly. I got a kinda funny looking Roo "origami" case which was reasonably priced, a pretty purple, and is working out well.
Seriously, I probably ordered over 30 items from Amazon since Thanksgiving , not including apps, and everything arrived in good shape and ontime. From the SGP5 to powdered peanut butter. Very impressive.

Last edited by rgeorg; 01-16-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Must have been Amazon, but not certain since have downloaded maybe A hundred apps in these few days. Bought the 7" finally since, once the tablet novelty wears off, I will use it basically as an ereader. But since I am using mobile apps for browsing, like news etc, the articles are formatted very legibly. I got a kinda funny looking Roo "origami" case which was reasonably priced, a pretty purple, and is working out well.
Seriously, I probably ordered over 30 items from Amazon since Thanksgiving , not including apps, and everything arrived in good shape and ontime. From the SGP5 to powdered peanut butter. Very impressive.
Oops you did say 7" on the last posting. Speed reading doesn't always work.
Powdered pb?

I am waiting for free tapatalk. I like free. I paid for several apps and now I don't want to anymore. I have been buying ebooks instead. Electronic toys keep you spending money.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
rgeorg
Guru

Yes, powdered pb. Is 75% lower fat and quality comments are positive. I won't try it till later on. I had never heard of it either.
Downloaded 130 AZ apps actually, just counted. I prefer to purchsse from AZ as I have heard apps are cheaper and chkd for virus. Am backing up to dropbox. Most were free, all under $3. Enjoying Android, iPad is a pain in the a-- to access files. I keep on trying to find the back button!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I am waiting for free tapatalk. I like free. I paid for several apps and now I don't want to anymore. I have been buying ebooks instead. Electronic toys keep you spending money.
You have to specifically mark your app to be a part of the FAOTD program. I doubt they would.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You have to specifically mark your app to be a part of the FAOTD program. I doubt they would.
FAOTD?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
FAOTD?
Free
App
Of
The
Day
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Quote:
FAOTD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
Free
App
Of
The
Day

Thanks!

For clarifying the meaning!

For a while I was thinking that was something new, that our cows were doing here in their pastures!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote