Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Well, I went ahead and told AmAppS to Update Aldiko. It detected that it didn't come from AAS (good), helpfully offered to remove the old version (good), which it did (good), but again the install failed (bad). Wish I knew how to determine the cause of install failure. In the meantime I'll go get Aldiko again...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #17
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
For usenet savvy folks, doing a search for "112233445566" will yield some interesting results...

I have tried emailing apk's as gmail attachments and when I try to detach them in the PE to install I always get a message about a "parsing error". Does anyone know why?

Copying the apk to the memory in the PE via USB works fine.
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #18
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I don't know why you get that error, Mark. I usually email the link to the website from which I can download the apk to my PE, then open the website and download directly. Haven't tried the attachment method, but I don't see why it wouldn't work . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
slickbit13
slickbit13 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Free

On Amazon you are allowed 5 gigs of free space if you have an account with them...which is free, too. It's called Amazon Cloud. From my pocket edge I can go to my amazon acct. open my cloud drive and acces up to 5 gigs of files, photos, movies, or audio...and don't need a bulky flash drive to do it. By the way I am running ermine.
slickbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #20
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
So between Dropbox, Amazon and a few others, you can park thirty gigs or more for free if you're careful.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #21
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Awesome!!

Or should I say that's "Slick"!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #22
Tinah
Enthusiast
Tinah began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hi, am a newbie. don't even have my Pocket Edge yet, but also discover that I won't be able to get an Amazon or Google Account because I'm Canadian. And now the Entourage Store is closing! (wondering if I made the right choice in getting this gizmo, but it looks so neat!) Does this mean I won't be able to get Amazon Apps Store either? Where will I be able to find apps and books please? Also, can anyone tell me if the version I'll be getting is Dingo? The version I purchased says its an Android 2.1 but havent' seen this listed in any of the forums on Entourage (can't log in there to ask there) thanks in advance for any help (can you tell I'm anxious? lol)
Tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #23
Filark

Hi Tinah! Welcome!

I think you'll like your Pocket eDGe, even though you may have to hunt around for apps a little bit more than those of us who can register for Amazon (are you sure you can't?). I found it a little bit hard to learn because I was new to Android, too. But if you stick with it (we'll help, here and at http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/forum.php), I think you'll agree it really is a neat gizmo!

You should receive Dingo (1.6) and will be able to upgrade, if you choose, to Ermine (2.2). I have no idea where your seller got 2.1 -- maybe a typo??

Good luck, have fun, let us know how it goes!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #24
Tinah
Enthusiast

Thank you Filark. I will keep in touch, now that I found this forum. While I can access the Entourage Forum for reading just like other Newbies, I cannot leave a comment there, so came here.
The PE I'm getting is listed as an Android 2.1. I'm also seeing these on Ebay. I see others on Ebay listed as 1.6 Dingo, but must be a different Version. I guess I'll see when I get it and let you know.
Having read all about Ermine, I'd want that upgrade, even if Beta as I'd like some of the better functionality of speed and possibility to run Flash instead of just Flash lite. Having read about Hibernation problems though am a bit worried about the WSOD and wondering if that only happens if one doesn't push the menu button to go into manual hibernation first? Do you know if one can make a back up of ones current version? before upgrading? so one doesn't need to use the Golden Dingo downgrade if the Ermine version should fail? not sure I found any info on that in the Entourage Forum (my eyes are bleary from all the mental download, lol).

Last edited by Tinah; 05-21-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #25
Filark

The only thing I'll try to answer is the hibernation question.

I have had no issues (yet) with hibernation and I love what it does for battery life! I have not used the manual hibernation mode. I just close my PE, and when I open it again it says I'm in hibernation and to hit the menu button to come out of it. Very easy. My PE lasts all night unplugged with very little power loss, whereas with Dingo I would have very little power left in the morning!

WSOD I think happens to some unlucky people, no one knows why (except it occurs on other devices as well). Just keep your fingers crossed . . .
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #26
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
My PE lasts all night unplugged with very little power loss, whereas with Dingo I would have very little power left in the morning!
I've also noticed a quick battery drain on the EE with Dingo, even in sleep mode. Now I'm thinking of perhaps getting a HTC Flyer (despite the lack of an e-ink screen) but I'll think I wait for some real user reviews to come out first.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #27
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinah View Post
Thank you Filark. I will keep in touch, now that I found this forum. While I can access the Entourage Forum for reading just like other Newbies, I cannot leave a comment there, so came here.
The PE I'm getting is listed as an Android 2.1. I'm also seeing these on Ebay. I see others on Ebay listed as 1.6 Dingo, but must be a different Version. I guess I'll see when I get it and let you know.
Having read all about Ermine, I'd want that upgrade, even if Beta as I'd like some of the better functionality of speed and possibility to run Flash instead of just Flash lite. Having read about Hibernation problems though am a bit worried about the WSOD and wondering if that only happens if one doesn't push the menu button to go into manual hibernation first? Do you know if one can make a back up of ones current version? before upgrading? so one doesn't need to use the Golden Dingo downgrade if the Ermine version should fail? not sure I found any info on that in the Entourage Forum (my eyes are bleary from all the mental download, lol).
Even with Ermine you will not be running full Flash.
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
If you haven't seen it before the Miren web browser is really nice. has a true full screen mode if you turn "tabs always displayed" which I like a lot. I tried Dolphin and found it OK. Miren seems quicker and a little less prone to jamming up for a while on my PE.
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugami View Post
If you haven't seen it before the Miren web browser is really nice. has a true full screen mode if you turn "tabs always displayed" which I like a lot. I tried Dolphin and found it OK. Miren seems quicker and a little less prone to jamming up for a while on my PE.
It is a pretty slick browser. Here's where you can get it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XdfiVOIe/cnmirenbrowser.htm
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
Tinah
Enthusiast

How do I reformat or clear info on PE?

I've decided to hand over my PE to a family member and need to clear everything I've put on it (not much). How do I restore to original, i.e. delete my personal info, uploads etc.??
thanks so much