Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
[iOS] Adding Books to Hyphen reader

I need some help please, I just started using Hyphen on my iPad Pro. When I tried to add books by clicking on Add Books>More>Calibre Companion; the error message comes up ""Failed to launch Calibre Companion" The document picker "Calibre Companion" failed to launch (4099)". This is also happening on my iPhone 6S Plus.

I am posting this in both Calibre Companion and Apple Devices for Hyphen.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdanzie View Post
I need some help please, I just started using Hyphen on my iPad Pro. When I tried to add books by clicking on Add Books>More>Calibre Companion; the error message comes up ""Failed to launch Calibre Companion" The document picker "Calibre Companion" failed to launch (4099)". This is also happening on my iPhone 6S Plus.

I am posting this in both Calibre Companion and Apple Devices for Hyphen.
You cant call calibre companion from inside the reader. What happens when you press read inside calibre companion do you get the option to open in Hyphen reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #3
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Yes, that part works. I saw the feature in the add books from within Hyphen, so was trying to do it that way.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:10 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdanzie View Post
Yes, that part works. I saw the feature in the add books from within Hyphen, so was trying to do it that way.
As Dopedangel said, CC is not designed to be used in this way. CC passes books to readers. It doesn't respond to requests from readers. That won't be changed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #5
tdanzie
Connoisseur

Thank you both.