Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Furthest page read info

Does anybody know where the furthest page read information is stored (particularly on a Glo)?

I had to do a system reset to get my WiFi working again, and of course I lost the position info on almost a dozen books. When I restored from a backup, all that info was gone (including my stats, which I don't mind).

Thanks.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Does anybody know where the furthest page read information is stored (particularly on a Glo)?

I had to do a system reset to get my WiFi working again, and of course I lost the position info on almost a dozen books. When I restored from a backup, all that info was gone (including my stats, which I don't mind).

Thanks.
Well, using often kobo utilities to store (to calibre library) / restore positions has solved that problem for me, also allowing me to update positions from the aura hd to the "spare tire" glo. Of course it doesn't work for the last few read before a crash, but is part of my own back-up process : I do a full store before any major move on the reader, notably a reset (I have many dozens open books).
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As anacreon said, if you are a calibre user, my Kobo Utilities plugin will do it all for you. If you aren't a calibre user or want to discuss it further, ask away. I think everyone here knows how much I'm willing to talk about this stuff. Also, if you have any programming experience, you can download the plugin and look at the Python code.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I had installed the Kobo Utilities into Calibre a few months ago because I thought it was a good idea, but had never actually tried to use it. It took a little while to understand the instructions, but I got it up and running. Thanks.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote