Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
marco83p
marco83p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Red face Resetting settings in Calibre / solving a import problem

Hi, and sorry for my bad english.
I'm newbee with Calibre (used in Windows); I've started using it to convert ebooks and only yesterday I tried to use it as a manager for my ebooks.
Since I'm not an expert I may have changed some setting I had not to; now, when I import a book in the library, in the folder it adds a number in brackets after the title of the books.
The first imported ebook has (1) after the title, the second (2), etcetera.

I would like to delete this setting, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Calibre, but it doesn't delete the setting files, so the problem is still there.

So, I have two possible question:
- How can I solve the problem of the encreasing numbers?
otherwise:
- How can I delete the setting files after uninstalling Calibre? (I would reinstall it after that).

Thank you for your attention, Marco
marco83p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:39 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
See Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
marco83p

Thank you: does it means that the (n) after the title is normal for Calibre?
Thanks again
Old 01-07-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco83p View Post
Thank you: does it means that the (n) after the title is normal for Calibre?
Thanks again
Yes, it is as it should be. And never, ever change any file or folder names in a calibre library via the file explorer. That would corrupt your library immediately. Calibre is meant to be used via the GUI.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:33 PM   #5
marco83p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, it is as it should be. And never, ever change any file or folder names in a calibre library via the file explorer. That would corrupt your library immediately. Calibre is meant to be used via the GUI.
Thank you all, your were very helpful... And sorry for the stupid question

Last edited by marco83p; 01-07-2022 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:14 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco83p View Post
Thank you all, your were very helpful... And sorry for the stupid question
That you asked the question before attempting to modify your calibre library says it was not a stupid question.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:33 AM   #7
marco83p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That you asked the question before attempting to modify your calibre library says it was not a stupid question.

Tags
folders, settings