Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
KOreader as default on Boox Poke 3

i'm using KOreader on my new Poke 3 and it's much better than the native reader. I downloaded it from the Boox app store. However, I've not been able to set it as the default reader app. I've done the long-press on a book title, selected 'open with' and the only option is the default Neoreader. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I might be mistaken, but this sounds like exactly the same topic as this one from yesterday?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339558
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
I downloaded it from the Boox app store
That's a rip-of, old version, distributed by a known piracy advocate company. hey do not comply with the AGPLv3 license this program has.

You can download the proper version from F-Droid or from Github.

Also see install instructions for android

Quote:
However, I've not been able to set it as the default reader app. I've done the long-press on a book title, selected 'open with' and the only option is the default Neoreader.
Onyx launch activity might be non-standard. KOReader should be shown in the app picker for the following formats: https://github.com/koreader/android-...st.xml#L49-L90

Try with a non borked app copy. If that still doesn't work you might try to get luck in Onyx Boox support forums
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
@pazos I did as you suggested, and uninstalled the KOreader I'd downloaded from the app store, and downloaded the latest version through the device's browser. It's now installed and working as my default reader option, which I was able to set as it should. Thankyou for your help. It's much appreciated.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Apps don't show up under open with if the app (or all background apps) are frozen.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote