Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #1096
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I only noticed this while trying to find which nightlies include which commits. Is there such a thing?
Commits by date since the latest release
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...21.05...master
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:13 AM   #1097
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@hius07,
Thank you!
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:06 AM   #1098
empty_potato
empty_potato began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle PW4
I've been trying to get KOReader to run on my Kindle PW4. I've gotten KUAL and MRIP installed.

I extracted koreader-kindlepw2-v2021.08.zip to the root on my Kindle, and KOReader shows up as an option in KUAL; more specifically, the sub-options are "Start KOReader", "Start KOReader (ASAP)", "Tools", and "/".

The options under Tools do nothing, they only put a checkmark (or remove the checkmark) next to the option. If I tap Start KOReader, be it the one with ASAP or not, I just get sent back to the main home screen where I can see my library.

The one log I got out of KUAL has the following:
Quote:
/tmp/klauncher_background-2445900178221957414.sh: line 2: ./bin/mrinstaller.sh: Permission denied
/tmp/klauncher_background-2234743716108593975.sh: line 2: /mnt/us/koreader/koreader.sh: Permission denied
/tmp/klauncher_background-1359228478936958492.sh: line 2: ./bin/koreader-ext.sh: Permission denied
What should I do in order to make it work?
empty_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:26 AM   #1099
empty_potato
empty_potato began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by empty_potato View Post
I've been trying to get KOReader to run on my Kindle PW4. I've gotten KUAL and MRIP installed.

I extracted koreader-kindlepw2-v2021.08.zip to the root on my Kindle, and KOReader shows up as an option in KUAL; more specifically, the sub-options are "Start KOReader", "Start KOReader (ASAP)", "Tools", and "/".

The options under Tools do nothing, they only put a checkmark (or remove the checkmark) next to the option. If I tap Start KOReader, be it the one with ASAP or not, I just get sent back to the main home screen where I can see my library.

The one log I got out of KUAL has the following:

What should I do in order to make it work?
I fixed it; if anyone else runs into the same issue: check to make sure you didn't accidentally skip over the Jailbreak Hotfix; that is necessary to make things executable. Such a simple mistake!
empty_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:10 AM   #1100
dnmmx
Enthusiast
dnmmx is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
October-2021 update has issues going into sleep mode. after 10 minutes when it goes to sleep mode it just crashes and goes directly to show kindle screensaver in a broken state.
Device: PW4
dnmmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:27 AM   #1101
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmmx View Post
October-2021 update has issues going into sleep mode. after 10 minutes when it goes to sleep mode it just crashes and goes directly to show kindle screensaver in a broken state.
Device: PW4
Cannot reproduce on Voyage.
Can you show crash.log and your KOReader screensaver settings.

EDIT: assuming you have book status as screensaver, fixed, will be available in the nearest night build.

Last edited by hius07; 10-17-2021 at 03:38 PM.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #1102
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
installed it on my PW11 but it does not launch via KUAL. The screen goes back to Home Screen then flashes but nothing after
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:07 PM   #1103
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Details, please (and a real device, because we're still a few years away from the PW11's release ;p).

A FW version would be a good start, for example.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:16 PM   #1104
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Details, please (and a real device, because we're still a few years away from the PW11's release ;p).

A FW version would be a good start, for example.
Paperwhite 11th gen from last year ;p
FW 5.14.2
Old 04-29-2022, 07:57 AM   #1105
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What exactly have you done (in terms of stuff installed) and what are you physically tapping on screen?
Old 04-29-2022, 09:42 AM   #1106
spacequince
spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.spacequince goes to eleven.

Device: Paperwhite 3 Wi-Fi and 3g (US)
KOReader is the main reason I jailbroke yesterday (using the WatchThis thread). It installed with only a minor hiccup - I think I may have tapped "Start KOReader (ASAP)" in KUAL instead of "Start KOReader". Anyways, after removing the folders from the Kindle and putting them back, it worked!
spacequince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:27 PM   #1107
Almamida
Guru

I downloaded the latest version of each packages from the snapshot folder.

So I extracted mrpackages and extension folders.
I then put the `Update_KUALBooklet_e3deabf_install.bin` file from KUAL coplate in the mrpackages folder.
Typed `;log mrpi` to install the booklet.
Then from there I can launch KUAL from the book. The menu shows where I can see :
Code:
       KUAL   
      HELPER
     KOREADER
       QUIT
Then I click on Koreader and see :
Code:
       START KOREADER  
    START KOREADER ASAP
          TOOLS
             /
Neither Koreader or Koreader Asap achieve to launch anything.

edit : I decided to reset the device, and reinstall everything and now it works

Last edited by Almamida; 04-29-2022 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:04 AM   #1108
topfx
topfx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw 3
s it possible for KOReader to read DRM files that run on the original reader?
topfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:41 PM   #1109
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@topfx: Nope.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:56 PM   #1110
psicobelico
psicobelico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
I finally got to jailbreak my pw4 with your new jailbreak. Thank you very much. I saw KOReader has support for mobi files. But since I put my .mobis into my kindle to read through KOReader, I didn't get any mobi infos. It's missing TOC, covers, metadata and chapter information for all mobi files. I don't know what to do. Can someone help me?
psicobelico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch