Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #556
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLeBlonde View Post
Thanks for your response. On a 30+ page thread that covers many iterations of the plugin it is tough to find of a question has been asked previously and know whether that answer is still true. If it is a common question, maybe it should be added to the FAQ on the plugin page; that was the first place I looked.
The first post of the thread says what the plugin does. And some details of how to use it. Nothing I can see in that suggests can send them back to the device. Does it need to be clearer? I'm loath to add a "This plugin doesn't" section, as that just means more to maintain without any real, to my mind, benefit.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #557
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta - Small difference in My Clippings.txt

In this thread, the fetch from a Kindle is not working. From the sample "My Clippings.txt" file, it appears to have lower case for some of the terms being searched for to get the location. The attached beta is a quick fix for this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (663.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 01-10-2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: I'm sure I attached the file.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #558
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
P.S. Thanks for quick response davidfor
Obviously it's closer to being useful for me. See other thread.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #559
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've tried the Kobo H2O again, with the book now on SD card and the Annotation Plugin version just posted:
Code:
​Chapter 1: Out of the Cold and Into the Darkness	Thu 10 Jan 2019 12:44:02 AM
chameleonic armour.

del ic?
​Chapter 1: Out of the Cold and Into the Darkness	Thu 10 Jan 2019 12:46:13 AM
actually being in control.

Style?
Just two of the 400+ annotations. The datestamp is correctly only once per annotation, but I can't see how to remove the blank paragraph between the highlight and my note. I'd rather it was after the note. I looked at and experimented with the CSS dialog in configuration.
The Kobo Utilities annotation plug in also gives a % progress and has "chapter" twice, first is internal number and second is the TOC/Heading text for the chapter (curiously the first number can start at 0 or have strange numbers for sections "pasted" after the main novel not on the TOC.) The Kobo Utilities version is faster. It used to give good format, now has a load of extra paragraphs and indents, but a few global Search & Replace fixes it in Sublime or Notepad++ (copied via clipboard and saved as plain text).

The other thread has current progress with the PW3.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #560
Dfaure
Dfaure began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
I just found this: https://www.albertopettarin.it/exportnotesodyssey.html

Which may be worth getting your plugin to work with Bookeen e-readers.
Dfaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 PM   #561
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfaure View Post
Hi,
I just found this: https://www.albertopettarin.it/exportnotesodyssey.html

Which may be worth getting your plugin to work with Bookeen e-readers.
That is basically just a script to parse the annot files that the Adobe RMSDK produces. Which means the Bookeen ereaders are using the RMSDK for reading epubs. Which is not that surprising as it is the only way that I know of to support books with Adobe DRM.

There is still a lot to do before it can be used. It reads only one annot file. But, I would expect there is one file per book that has been opened. The Kobo devices do this for epubs, as well as their database which the plugin reads.

Then there needs to be a way to map the annotations back to the books. Unless there is a database somewhere, that can be a pain and inaccurate. It depends on how they are stored and how the driver for the device handles it.

If someone wants to add support for the Bookeen devices, then this is probably the way to go. I'll be happy to help, but, without the device in my hands, it's not something I am interested in doing myself.

This does suggest something else, and I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of it before. This could be used to add generic support for RMSDK readers. Or at least a framework to support them. That is a bit more interesting to me. But, again, it isn't something I'm likely to do without some help from someone with a device that would use it. At the least, someone is needed for testing. Ideally, I would like someone with the device for writing the device specific code.