Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #1186
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Calibr includes plugins to send books to the CURRENTLY (USB) connected deviced (it auto detects). It always has.

Send by email allows you to e-mail to users (devices) that can RECEIVE books by mail (eg the Kindles).

IN ALL cases
You need to select books to send, which is why I don't understand your 'hunt through the Calibre Library'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #1187
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Plugin incorporating kindlegen

How about a plugin that incorporates kindlegen, since the regular calibre conversion to "mobi-both" type doesn't always work correctly when the book is emailed to the Amazon server.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #1188
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
How about a plugin that incorporates kindlegen, since the regular calibre conversion to "mobi-both" type doesn't always work correctly when the book is emailed to the Amazon server.
On skimming Doitsu's Sigil kindlegen plugin thread I got the impression calibre already can do what kindlegen does, and possibly more - but I've read your other thread too.

You could ask Doitsu directly, he's ported a couple of his Sigil PI's to Calibre, but he may have already decided it's too hard.

Otherwise just add Sigil to the calibre Open With list for EPUBs, give it a keyboard shortcut (I use Shift+S) and use Doitsu's Kindlegen plugin from there. Just make sure you don't already have the EPUB open in another program like the calibre editor or a radar. Right click an EPUB in book details to access calibre's Open with options.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-08-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #1189
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
The easiest solution would be a batch file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
On skimming Doitsu's Sigil kindlegen plugin thread I got the impression calibre already can do what kindlegen does, and possibly more - but I've read your other thread too.
My Sigil plugin is primarily intended for KDP authors. Most users are better off using Calibre for converting and transferring books. I'll definitely not port the KindleGen plugin to Calibre.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-09-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #1190
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The easiest solution would be a batch file.

My Sigil plugin is primarily intended for KDP authors. Most users are better off using Calibre for converting and transferring books. I'll definitely not port the KindleGen plugin to Calibre.
Thank you. I'll just use the batch file to run them through kindlegen, and import them into Calibre to send them to the Amazon cloud, since the Calibre conversion doesn't always create mobis that work correctly with Amazon's cloud.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, plugin development