Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Word long press bug

This has happened on several occasions. Whenever I long press a word, sometimes the page turns halfway and it fails to select the word. Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	320
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	152316  

Last edited by Nexutix; 10-12-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:58 AM   #2
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another screenshot

Another screenshot. Notice the part selection cursor on far left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	326
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	152315  
Old 10-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #3
gabaldini
Enthusiast
gabaldini has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle paperwhite
It happen often when trying to select a word at the border of the screen.
Sometimes when it occurs, it goes back to a previous selected word , who is sometimes a few pages back,
gabaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:51 AM   #4
Nexutix
Reading and reading

I disabled the tap gestures for turning the page, and it doesn't occur anymore.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:42 AM   #5
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
I disabled the tap gestures for turning the page, and it doesn't occur anymore.
Well thank you for that Nexutix. This has been driving me absolutely insane as I often make hundreds of annotions per book. It was not even obvious to me that this could be disabled until you mentioned it. It is however, but a poor workaround. I did not notice this issue before Kris widended the tap regions and I hope he will consider either reducing them again or making them configurable. Having to swipe to turn pages isn't ideal.

The current behavior which often causes page turns when selecting words even very close to the center on a wide iPad screen is clearly a bug.

Last edited by Jsolomon; 10-14-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #6
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
I was the one who asked the tap be widened. I was bring up the menu too often. With the screen either recognizing tap/turn or tap/menu, there really isn't an area of the screen where tap doesn't do something.

Personally, I've always had highlighting problem and that existed in a variety of readers along with Marvin. I find I have to press/hold/wait for it to work as I would like.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With Marvin 2, sometimes a long press will underline the word, but not bring up the options. This is on iOS 10.0.2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #8
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenP View Post
I was the one who asked the tap be widened. I was bring up the menu too often. With the screen either recognizing tap/turn or tap/menu, there really isn't an area of the screen where tap doesn't do something.

Personally, I've always had highlighting problem and that existed in a variety of readers along with Marvin. I find I have to press/hold/wait for it to work as I would like.
Yes, but press/hold/wait isn't working in the current implementation. The moment you touch the word the page changes, often leaving the selection bars hanging in midair. The turn or selection should be occurring on the release, not the initial tap with the delay between tapdown and tapup determing the appropriate behavior. Also, page turns should never be ocurring while dragging the selection bars.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #9
Fralippo
Fralippo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Same issue here.
I highlight across pages all the time and often have to 'Split' a highlight because trying to slide the highlight over doesn't work.
Fralippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug