Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Question marks for page numbers

This is the first time I'm noticing this bug on my iPhone 6s running iOS 10.0.2.

Quite the annoyance but I'm sure you'll have a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:34 AM   #2
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
Is this on all books or just some? I've encountered this bug rarely myself but loading the book into the Calibre editor and resaving it usually appears to fix the problem though I couldn't say why off the top of my head.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
I think it is where the font style cannot replicate the character used. There are a number of different standards for fonts that could contribute to the problem. It often appears with 's printing the ' as a graphic style character. At least that's my guess.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
I'm confused. Are you referring to the page numbers in the footers/headers or are they embedded in the text of the book (a rather unusual practice for e-books) I have seen some books where the footers show ???/??? Which appears to show that Marvin can't determine the book length for some reason. As I mentioned above I've found a quick pass through the Calibre editor without making any changes seems to fix whatever is wrong in these cases.

A screenshot might help explain what you're seeing assuming this forum supports that. If you're unaware, you can easily take one by simultaeously pressing the power and home buttons on your iPhone. May take a few tries because the timing can be tricky. The new screenshot will be in your Photos at the end of the Camera Roll.

Last edited by Jsolomon; 10-14-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #5
Pendragn
Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.Pendragn knows what's going on.

Device: None
Deleted

Last edited by Pendragn; 01-18-2024 at 04:19 PM.
Pendragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thumbs up Marvin3 has a built-in solution for this.

This problem is addressed in Marvin3. I've used the solution and it works fine.
Allow several seconds for the page numbers to be populated.

See attached ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PageNumbers.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	152488  
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote