Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
Vertical scroll doesn't work on the iPhone 5 with Marvin 3.0

I've installed Marvin 3.0 on my iPhone 5 and enabled vertical scroll. I can say right now that vertical scroll doesn't work on the iPhone 5. If there is anybody on this forum who has an iPhone 5 and is not experiencing this issue I kindly request you reply in this thread and explain to me how you're able to do vertical scrolling on your iPhone 5. Because vertical scroll simply won't work on my iPhone 5.

Everytime I try tapping on the edge I get the Quick Menu bars. I even carefully tried using the very edge of my iPhone 5 and still no vertical scroll and I know vertical scroll works on my iPhone 6S. So something is not right and I'd like to know what's going on why vertical scroll is not working on the iPhone 5. Kris...are you there? I think this needs looking into. Unless you'd like to clarify which devices CANNOT do vertical scrolling if it's an older device. Otherwise I'd say this is a clear bug.

Just one bit of further information....the funny thing is autoscroll DOES work. It's manual scrolling that does NOT work on the iPHone 5.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Just to make sure...are you using an iPhone 5?

Seriously though.... if auto scrolling is working, then manual vertical scroll works as well... perhaps your fingers are doing a slight sideways motion??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Just to make sure...are you using an iPhone 5?

Seriously though.... if auto scrolling is working, then manual vertical scroll works as well... perhaps your fingers are doing a slight sideways motion??
There is no way I could possibly mistake a tap on the edge of the screen to be anything other than a wish to manually advance using vertical scrolling. So right now I am leaning close to the conclusion this is a bug affecting older devices with Marvin 3.0. I'm still waiting to hear from Kris about this and get his take on it as well as hear anyone using Marvin 3.0 on an iPhone 5 to either confirm my observation or disprove it.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:47 AM   #4
gabaldini
Enthusiast
gabaldini has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle paperwhite
I have an Iphone 4s and vertical scroll works correctly.
try when you are in auto scroll , to turn it off then you keep in manual vertical scroll, there it must work, or something is wrong

Last edited by gabaldini; 10-16-2016 at 06:00 AM.
gabaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #5
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaldini View Post
I have an Iphone 4s and vertical scroll works correctly.
try when you are in auto scroll , to turn it off then you keep in manual vertical scroll, there it must work, or something is wrong
Something is definitely wrong because I've tried turning autoscroll off and I still can't get vertical scroll to work by tapping the side of the screen. However I can vertical scroll manually with my thumb. But that's not the issue here. The issue is the ability to tap on the side to manually get Marvin to advance the text a certain length allowing me to read new paragraphs of text. What I get instead is the menu bars popping up constantly preventing me from vertical scrolling. Kris has to hear about this and decide if this is fixable or not.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #6
gabaldini
Enthusiast
gabaldini has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
Something is definitely wrong because I've tried turning autoscroll off and I still can't get vertical scroll to work by tapping the side of the screen. However I can vertical scroll manually with my thumb. But that's not the issue here. The issue is the ability to tap on the side to manually get Marvin to advance the text a certain length allowing me to read new paragraphs of text. What I get instead is the menu bars popping up constantly preventing me from vertical scrolling. Kris has to hear about this and decide if this is fixable or not.
That works too in Iphone 4, but one must tap on the top border of the iphone, where the screen ends , if you just tap on the border of the screen you get the menu bar, try most to the right or left. If this does not work then it's a bug or a problem of iphone 5.
May be its a problem of screen resolution that let not the scroll bar appear

Last edited by gabaldini; 10-16-2016 at 07:48 AM.
gabaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Just to make sure:

Have you gone in to EPUB SETTINGS (from the library view) and scrolled down to the VERTICAL SCROLLING MODE section and ensured "Edge Tapping" is turned on?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Just to make sure:

Have you gone in to EPUB SETTINGS (from the library view) and scrolled down to the VERTICAL SCROLLING MODE section and ensured "Edge Tapping" is turned on?
When I get the chance I'm going to check on this to see if that's the case or not.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #9
Spfamy1
Connoisseur

That did the trick!!! Edge tapping was off and that caused vertical scrolling to fail! My suggestion for Kris is to leave the edge tap option enabled by DEFAULT to avoid a problem like this from happening.