Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
Luddite
Luddite began at the beginning.

Device: Tab S6 - Moon+ Reader Pro
Automatic Day/Night mode - am I missing something?

I have Marvin 3 on iPad set to "Automatic" under colors, and it does a fine job of switching between Light & Dark mode based on ambient light when in the Marvin interface.

The problem I am having is that when I go in to one of the epubs I have on the device, I have to manually go in to Color Presets under the little AA menu, and manually choose Day or Night.

Is there some way to make this automatic? Why would this not be tied in to the functionality of the Marvin interface?
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #2
Jsolomon
Jsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshesJsolomon can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Marvin on iPad mini 2 & iPad Air 2
If i remember right, this has nothing to do with ambient light. When the color scheme is automatic, Marvin goes into night mode when you reduce the brightness below 33% I believe but you must do this manually. Ios, of course does have a mode which adjusts brightness a bit based on ambient light.

Last edited by Jsolomon; 09-16-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Jsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote