Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #241
Jokera
Jokera began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
I installed 5.10.2 and now when I click KUAL it says "Application Error. The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Jokera; 12-21-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Jokera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #242
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
By giving us more details, maybe?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #243
Jokera

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
By giving us more details, maybe?

I had already jailbroken the device, KUAL was working fine. I installed 5.10.2 then KUAL stopped working. Then I tried putting in the hotfix. Still the same error.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #244
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We apparently don't have the same definition of "details" .

So:

* Your exact Kindle model.
* Your initial FW version.
* Your last Hotfix install date (& revision of the hotfix package, if possible).
* Your previous KUAL version and type (Kindlet? Booklet? Coplate?).
* Did you fail to read the FAQ entry that mentions the fact that official updates wipe mostly everything custom, *including* KUAL on current FWs?

(The fact that you're on a PW4 -- if your profile is accurate -- only actually leaves you a single choice in the KUAL case).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-21-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #245
Jokera

Quote:
We apparently don't have the same definition of "details" .

So:

* Your exact Kindle model.
* Your initial FW version.
* Your last Hotfix install date (& revision of the hotfix package, if possible).
* Your previous KUAL version and type (Kindlet? Booklet? Coplate?).
* Did you fail to read the FAQ entry that mentions the fact that official updates wipe mostly everything custom, *including* KUAL on current FWs?

(The fact that you're on a PW4 -- if your profile is accurate -- only actually leaves you a single choice in the KUAL case).

Kindle model: G000 PP07
Initial FW version: I got it shipped with the initial one, and was able to jailbreak, and then update to the one before 5.10.2 and KUAL persisted
Hotfix: I applied the hotfix after updating to 5.10.2 (yesterday)
KUAL version: Coplate, latest?

No hope?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-21-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Stripped S/N to only mention the relevant bits -- NiLuJe
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #246
xRetroN
xRetroN began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokera View Post
Kindle model: G000 PP07 8363 0JQS
Initial FW version: I got it shipped with the initial one, and was able to jailbreak, and then update to the one before 5.10.2 and KUAL persisted
Hotfix: I applied the hotfix after updating to 5.10.2 (yesterday)
KUAL version: Coplate, latest?

No hope?
You have to copy kual to mrextensions folder and enter: ;log mrpi in search bar
xRetroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #247
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Jokera: That still doesn't tell me *which* FW version it was shipped on .

But basically, see my final bullet point, which @xRetroN just expanded on.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #248
Jokera

Quote:
@Jokera: That still doesn't tell me *which* FW version it was shipped on .

But basically, see my final bullet point, which @xRetroN just expanded on.
The FW was 5.10.0.1

@xRetroN & @NiLuJe Thank you! It worked!

Last edited by Jokera; 12-21-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #249
dpk
dpk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite

Is 5.10.2 not safe to update after jailbreak?

I'm already upgraded to 5.10.2, is there a way can I go back to older version 5.10.1.1 may be?
dpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #250
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
Is 5.10.2 not safe to update after jailbreak?

I'm already upgraded to 5.10.2, is there a way can I go back to older version 5.10.1.1 may be?
Only by using the serial port.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #251
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Only by using the serial port.
Can you show how?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313438
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #252
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
No. I do not have a PW4, nor have I ever connected to any Kindle serial port.

So, it looks like PW4 serial port jailbreak is a work in progress with no guarantee of success.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #253
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
No. I do not have a PW4, nor have I ever connected to any Kindle serial port.

So, it looks like PW4 serial port jailbreak is a work in progress with no guarantee of success.
Not exactly, just different.

The PW4 (like the KOA2) has the "Androidized" file system, not the Amazon dual-boot file system.
Which is not to say that the new system is not dual-mode.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #254
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Has anyone gotten "Collections Manager" to work with the PW4, and if so, exactly what steps did you use? Thanks so much.

PW4, successfully jailbroken today, KUAL installed.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #255
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I'm fairly sure CM (even with @ADambi's patches) doesn't support *any* of the PW4 FW versions.

You should be able to use LibrarianSync, though.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4