Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
foxwilly2010
foxwilly2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thumbs up Fixing Kobo Glo duplicate shelves (collections)

I have a solution I found on the internet to delete duplicate shelves (collections), which is to edit the KoboReader.sqlite file on the reader and delete the duplicate shelve files. After doing this I sync the Kobo Glo to the web (kobo.com) and all is correct. I was able to edit the koboReader.sqlite file by using the Firefox browser after I installed the sqlite
foxwilly2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That as a solution has been discussed before in the Kobo forum. But, it does have a problem. By deleting the shelves and syncing, there is no message going back to the Kobo server make sure the duplicates are removed. Whether that is needed depends on exactly what happened on the server to cause the duplicates to be sent down.

Also, there is an easier way to do this. My Kobo Utilities plugin has a function to clean up the duplicates.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo glo double shelves