Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Icon Rules question

Is there a way of creating icon rule sets with multiple icons but have them show in the column in a specific order - not alphabetical by name?

An example: Icons "letter A" and "unfinished" show up opposite of how I want them. (unfinished anthology). I have specific columns that are blank and hold a lot of icon rules. I like to have the icons line up when I scroll down, but I can't do that with multiple icons in a rule set.

I have "unfinished anthology" "unfinished omnibus" and "unfinished". I want the "unfinished" icon to be first and the other icons to follow.

I know that the rules with individual icons can be moved around in the rules list so that I can choose which icons show before others, but when I am dealing with a single rule set with more than one icon, I can't set the order they appear.

Do I need to just rename them?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Many things Alphabetize when processes, which is why I sometimes Prefix a name with a Digit (Number) 9AlwaysLast, 0BeforeEverythingelse
Why not change just the one you want first?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Might also be able to put them in a specific order with the advanced icon rules. Not sure what version they were added in, but the if/then/else statements are a bit more intuitive to figure out than the old template.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:45 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Might also be able to put them in a specific order with the advanced icon rules. Not sure what version they were added in, but the if/then/else statements are a bit more intuitive to figure out than the old template.
Not up to the advance icon rules. lol. I will just go in and put that digit in the names...It's not a problem that comes up too often.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From what I can see, the icons are shown in the order the icon rules are defined. And it doesn't matter whether I use simple or advanced rules. And as a test, I just changed the order of the rules and the order of the icons changed to match. This is definitely not alphabetical.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 11:23 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I think that Rellwood was talking about the option to use multiple icons in a single rule.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:27 AM   #7
Rellwood
Library Breeder

Yeah, it was the multiple icons. I fixed it with the changing of the names.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:02 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Yeah, it was the multiple icons. I fixed it with the changing of the names.
So what was the naming that worked???
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote