Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
alexantao
alexantao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Post Mark Page and quick change to and back

Hi,

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I couldn't find. So, if anyone could help me....

I hava a Kobo Aura HD, and I have two similar situations that I need to know if it's possible to do.

1) I have some books that I need to mark one specific page to often change to it to check something and then back to page I was. For example, the last book of Andy Weir (Artemis) has on it's firt pages the map of the lunar city. On several parts of the history, it has some references about this facility and I'd like a way to go back there quickly (one or two touches) , like a page mark, see the map and back quickly to where I was.

2) Similarly, sometimes ina chapter I have some reference and I need to check where I heard that before and do some research on previous chapters about it. When I find, I need to back to where I was quickly, whitout need to search where I was reading.

Is there a way to do that on Kobo Aura HD ? I have the last FW.

Thanks a lot !
alexantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexantao View Post
Hi,

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I couldn't find. So, if anyone could help me....

I hava a Kobo Aura HD, and I have two similar situations that I need to know if it's possible to do.

1) I have some books that I need to mark one specific page to often change to it to check something and then back to page I was. For example, the last book of Andy Weir (Artemis) has on it's firt pages the map of the lunar city. On several parts of the history, it has some references about this facility and I'd like a way to go back there quickly (one or two touches) , like a page mark, see the map and back quickly to where I was.

2) Similarly, sometimes ina chapter I have some reference and I need to check where I heard that before and do some research on previous chapters about it. When I find, I need to back to where I was quickly, whitout need to search where I was reading.

Is there a way to do that on Kobo Aura HD ? I have the last FW.

Thanks a lot !
You could use annotations/highlights.

1. Go to the reference page
2. Highlight a word (long press), and than pick the pencil icon
3. Pick highlight from the popup menu

Start reading. To go to the reference page:

1. Bring up the menu (tap bottom or middle of page)
2. Tap ...
3. Pick annotations. A list of your highlights/annotations will be shown
4. Long press on the highlight you want
5. Pick show on page

Read the reference page. To get back:

1. Bring up the menu
2. Pick previous location (bottom right)

I may he off a little on some of the steps.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
JasperBeardly
Enthusiast
JasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If there’s no text on the page, such as with a map, that won’t work. To mark the whole page, create a bookmark. Press on the top right corner of the screen and a dog ear will appear (a folded corner). Bookmarks show up in the annotations menu so everything else John F said is the same.
JasperBeardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Whoops, I forgot about book marks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:32 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the map is in the ToC, then you can use that. Open the ToC, select the appropriate chapter, work out that the one place the author didn't point to on the map is the spot the protagonist is at now, then the last two steps from @John F to get back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert