Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Kindle for PC question

I've just installed Kindle for PC on my Surface, it's the desktop program not the app. Does anyone know why sorting by Most Recent doesn't work. I can only sort by title or author, when I select by Most Recent I just get the title sort.

It's not a big issue more annoying than anything else.

Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have the release 1.13.1 (42052) and it sorts by "Recently viewed"
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have the release 1.13.1 (42052) and it sorts by "Recently viewed"
It's funny but that the version I now have and the sort by Most Recent which I what I had when I posted this thread has gone and as you say is now Recently Viewed which is as much use as a wet lettuce.

Oh well, I only have the program as a way to view my kindle purchases on W10. More as a backup that anything else.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It's the last upgrade... And I feel the same about the new sort
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It's the last upgrade... And I feel the same about the new sort
I'm sure Amazon wants to kill it off and make us all use the apps but there are too many W7 and older PCs in use, plus the W10 app doesn't support Cloud Collections or personal docs so its useless for me I haven't even downloaded it.

As much as I like my Surface though its my second pc as W10 is too unstable to be my main PC. I have a W7 laptop and i'll hang onto that for as long as I can and am seriously considering a MAC when it dies.
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I just wanted to update this thread to say that the new K4PC, 1.14.0 now allows sorting by recently bought. How you do it is to view by list, then click the top of the date column and it sorts by date order descending. Or you can display it then other way showing your oldest books first. To see the covers just select the grid and the sort stays as you left it. I haven't bought a new book yet but hopefully the sort then stays in recent order.