Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Smashwords July Summer/Winter Sale Specials for July 1–31

I haven't seen this mentioned. Smashwords is having their Summer sale. Many books are free and several with small to large discounts. I'm sure there is something there for everyone. Click the sections marked;
"SW100" 100% off
"SSW75" 75% off
"SSW50" 50% off
"SSW25" 25% off

I'm attempting to add the link, I hope it shows proper, not affiliated.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
thanks...got 12 books for 2.99. 3 of which were full series
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Ooo must look through it later
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Update:

Just a quick note.

For those who are new or have never heard of Smashwords, the majority of authors are indies and sometimes a few better known authors listing previously released books. Most authors on Smashwords provide multiple formats. Epub, Kindle/mobi, PDF, RTF, LRF, PDB and sometimes others.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdarnold View Post
Just a quick note.

For those who are new or have never heard of Smashwords, the majority of authors are indies and sometimes a few better known authors listing previously released books. Most authors on Smashwords provide multiple formats. Epub, Kindle/mobi, PDF, RTF, LRF, PDB and sometimes others.
And they don't always list them in the same order. Usually it's online, Epub, Kindle, etc. but sometimes they have choices switched round, or not all books will be in all formats. Some books are in Epub but not Kindle format for example, but that isn't really a problem since they are DRM free and you can convert them in Calibre with ease.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #6
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
For fans of science fiction and/or John Dalmas.

John Dalmas has most of his backlist/self-published works for 25% off (using the coupon SSW25 of course).

Smashwords

Last edited by Amy_k; 07-13-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Some "established" (i.e. previous DTB published and/or listed on Stop You're Killing Me) mystery authors with one or more books as part of this sale:
  • Lyn Hamilton
  • PB Ryan
  • Geraldine Evans

An especially good deal, if you don't already own them, is the 6 book bundle of PB Ryan's Nell Sweeney mysteries for $9.50 (1/2 off $18.99):

Quote:
This bargain-priced “boxed set” contains all six of P.B. Ryan’s bestselling historical mysteries, originally published by Berkley Prime Crime. Set in post-Civil War Boston, the series features Irish-born governess Nell Sweeney and opium-smoking former battle surgeon Will Hewitt.
Link: Nell Sweeney bundle
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
Thank you! I have just bought the Nell Sweeney mysteries, the first six Geraldine Evans (one of which I already had, but I forgot to check first) and one of Lyn Hamilton's books.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Simon Haynes, author of the humorous sci fi series "Hal Spacejock", is selling his books with a 50% discount, using code SSW50.

Simon Haynes
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
pdarnold
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Simon Haynes, author of the humorous sci fi series "Hal Spacejock", is selling his books with a 50% discount, using code SSW50.

Simon Haynes

Thanks Pablo! After going through the free, 75% off, my favorite author list and then my wish list I was rather tired out to look further for other bargains. I'm glad I didn't miss out on the Hal Spacejock series. I guess I had better take a cruise through one more time before the end of the month.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Canadian backlist re-publisher Bev Editions, who generously gave away a bunch of stuff during Read an E-Book Week, has a number of free with coupon fiction and non-fiction books again, and is offering 50% off The Moche Warrior in Lyn Hamilton's Arthur Ellis Award-nominated archaeological antiquarian mysteries, which I will be purchasing shortly for $2, as well as another free title in the series.

I can also recommend their freebie biography Below the Peacock Fan: First Ladies of the Raj by Marian Fowler, which was a pretty good light overview of five female relatives of prominent officials in the Indian British Raj when I read it from the library years ago.

Linkage to their publisher page. You may have to dig a bit to see all the books with the coupons, but there are at least 5 freebies that I counted, perhaps more.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote