Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Sending to Kindle - the author's name

I converted one of the books from epub to mobi and sent it from Calibre to my Kindle e-mail. The book has two authors and both of them were correctly displayed in the e-book list on Kindle.

However, this was one of the very few cases where the results of conversion in Calibre were unsatisfactory. Therefore, I used Kindle Previewer to convert the epub, this time with a good result. I replaced the mobi file in the Calibre, and then I used Calibre to send the new version of the book to my Kindle.

Surprisingly, now only the name of one of the authors is displayed. I assume Kindle Previewer must have somehow tampered with the metadata of the resulting file. Any way to correct that?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Joanna - did you try Embed Metadata - Ctrl+E ?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Thanks, I have totally forgotten about this option!

In this case, it didn't work though.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Er - copy existing mobi somewhere (e.g. desktop), then try mobi->mobi conversion.

BR
Old 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
Joanna
Groupie

That's the first thing I've tried. Unfortunately, not a solution because the conversion results in Calibre are then just as bad as with epub to mobi, which is why I used Kindle Previewer and screwed up the author's name in the first place .

I suppose I can live with one wrong author's name on my Kindle but still, it bugs me (the conversion problem, too).
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator

What about this ==>> Java Mobi Metadata Editor - Mobileread

I found that via Googlin' for "edit mobi metadata" - there are others too.

BR
Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont convert to mobi, convert to azw3. Then the convertsion results in calibre will be fine. And you will be able to edit the metadata in the file with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote