Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Writing during the lockdown

So much time spent at home. So few words written (actually zero). How is this even possible?

I just can't find the motivation.

What is everyone else doing?
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Not writing. No time. My normal job is busier than ever. Thanks to the govt introducing a wage subsidy scheme at short notice, I've had lots of development and support work (my software is used for payroll amongst other things).

Anyway, it's not fair. One of the ideas on my list had a disease that targeted older people - but it was supposed to be fiction, damn it!
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
So much time spent at home. So few words written (actually zero). How is this even possible?

I just can't find the motivation.

What is everyone else doing?
Basically the same. I've always found I'm more productive when I'm "stealing" time to write. Besides, there's an awful lot on the back of our minds now. Makes it hard to concentrate. I haven't been reading much either.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #4
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Anyway, it's not fair. One of the ideas on my list had a disease that targeted older people - but it was supposed to be fiction, damn it!
Ooooh, GMW...I thought the apocalypse was my fault because I bought a motorhome on the day the universe blew up, but reading this I'm relieved to know it's actually yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Basically the same. I've always found I'm more productive when I'm "stealing" time to write. Besides, there's an awful lot on the back of our minds now. Makes it hard to concentrate. I haven't been reading much either.
Hard to concentrate? That's exactly it.

This whole situation would make a cracking story but 1. who would believe it? and 2. who will want to read it when we finally get back to "normal"?

Take care everyone!
Old 05-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Ooooh, GMW...I thought the apocalypse was my fault because I bought a motorhome on the day the universe blew up, but reading this I'm relieved to know it's actually yours.
[...]
Well, this is the second time I've hit something of this sort. The first was a few years ago and was quite a shock (it was a horror story). So at the moment I'm trying desperately not to think of other bad/apocalyptic ideas, but it's like trying to not think about pink elephants. And now I've got the four pink elephants of the apocalypse in my head! I suppose that should be fairly safe ... I hope.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
skb
Evangelist

Glad you've got the elephants, GMW - I'm trying to resist getting another pet at the moment (so I can travel in my motorhome easily) and elephants would take up quite a bit of room.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:35 PM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Yeah, but is your motorhome up to crossing the alps without elephantine help? Some pets are useful to have around. Anyway, pink elephants can fly, so you could probably just leash them to the roof. Take advantage of lockdown to get some young ones and train them ready to holiday with you when everything opens back up again.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #8
skb
Evangelist

I'll be crossing the Alps by frog (like a sensible person), gmw. But you do make good points. I'll check out the flying variety of pink elephants. Thanks!

People say that there are those who aren't coping with the current apocalypse. Well, I reckon we're doing just fine. Just fine.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:03 AM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Thanks for playing.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #10
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I'm lucky. My life is mostly unchanged by present circumstances, so my writing routine goes on as usual.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm more of a homebody than one that goes anywhere really (pink elephants or no). Anyway with my luck you need a special license to drive one and I don't have it in my wallet. Have been keeping busy with non-writing tasks myself. Days sometimes seem to blend together when you're inside so much.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote