Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #136
iris205
Enthusiast
iris205 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That would belong in epubtool rather than kepubify.
Perhaps it would be beneficial in this program. The problem I have raised it here because the author epubtool said he could not do so.
When I have some more books I have to check and transfer their e-book reader (Clara), that's why I intrabat this facility.
iris205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #137
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post
Perhaps it would be beneficial in this program. The problem I have raised it here because the author epubtool said he could not do so.
When I have some more books I have to check and transfer their e-book reader (Clara), that's why I intrabat this facility.
Which epubtool are you talking about? I'm referring to the one I wrote (I don't think I've posted much about it here).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #138
iris205
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Which epubtool are you talking about? I'm referring to the one I wrote (I don't think I've posted much about it here).
Sorry, now I saw you and you a tool "epubtool" (I meant to ePub Metadata Editor). You could bring this option epubtool?
Old 01-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #139
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post
Sorry, now I saw you and you a tool "epubtool" (I meant to ePub Metadata Editor). You could bring this option epubtool?
I can't see your requested functionality as being of much use to kepubify's intended purposes. If you are using calibre, you can always change the preferences to read the metadata from the filename (preferences => adding books => remove checkmark from Read metadata from file contents rather than file name.

Also note that given your original post, I tend to agree with Jon that you are pirating ebooks but am giving you the benefit of the doubt in this reply.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #140
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Also note that given your original post, I tend to agree with Jon that you are pirating ebooks but am giving you the benefit of the doubt in this reply.

Don't ask, don't tell, seem the better part of valour
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:24 AM   #141
iris205
Enthusiast

Not necessarily must pirated books to have a small bliblioteca are books enough to free (in areas less read) which I make my own ePub, but during this work improve myself and it is hard to all changes and old books with new features. Obviously this order can do with Caliber but if you still turn me would have been better to stick to one program. For example the Caliber do not like that place one footnote on one page.

Last edited by iris205; 01-19-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #142
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I love how this works on Windows but I use a Mac at home. I rarely use the Terminal as I'm not a coder. I prefer a graphical interface. I note it states in the notes 'Kepubify may be embedded in other apps' or similar. Is there a Mac app it could be embedded in?
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #143
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just downloaded what appears to be a simple text file from the developer's site. When I type the terms in Terminal as instructed nothing happens... This is why I prefer a graphical interface. Are there any clearer instructions for how to install this piece of text? And then how to use it? The only other way I have of using Kepubify on my Mac is by running Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine which is a pain. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by steveparry; 09-29-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #144
steveparry
Connoisseur

Last login: Tue Sep 29 16:51:07 on ttys000
steveparry@MacBook-Pro ~ % cd ~/Downloads
steveparry@MacBook-Pro Downloads % chmod +x kepubify-darwin-Downloads
chmod: kepubify-darwin-Downloads: No such file or directory
steveparry@MacBook-Pro Downloads %

Above is what I get in Terminal.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #145
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveparry View Post
Last login: Tue Sep 29 16:51:07 on ttys000
steveparry@MacBook-Pro ~ % cd ~/Downloads
steveparry@MacBook-Pro Downloads % chmod +x kepubify-darwin-Downloads
chmod: kepubify-darwin-Downloads: No such file or directory
steveparry@MacBook-Pro Downloads %

Above is what I get in Terminal.
Where are you downloading this file from? Clicking on the download link in the first message of this thread gives a 404 error. Click on the download 3.14 link in the kepubify v3: A fast, standalone EPUB to KEPUB converter (plus covergen/seriesmeta) take me to the Kepubify v3.14 download page. I downloaded kepubify-darwin-64bit from that page, dumped into the desktop of a Catalina VM, ran chmod +x kepubify-darwin-64bit on the file and it ran happily after I went into Privacy and Security to allow it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catalina-kepubify.png
Views:	173
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	182334  

Last edited by DNSB; 09-29-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added image for Terminal window
Old 10-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #146
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
kepubify + calibre + open with

I want to use kepubify on calibre by means of Grant Drake's "open with" plugin.

Code:
$ kepubify --version
kepubify v3.1.2
The parameters I entered are the following:

Code:
Title               kepubify
Submenu             [none]
Format              Epub
Image               kepubify.png
Application path    /usr/bin/kepubify
Args                --inplace,--hyphenate,--calibre
The problem is that when I convert an epub with this system the .kepub file is not created in the original epub directory, but in the /home directory.

What parameters do I need to enter in order for the .kepub file to be created in the original library directory?

Last edited by Sam Sahara; 10-03-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #147
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sahara View Post
You are in the wrong thread. You should be posting in the KePubify 3 thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:19 AM   #148
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are in the wrong thread. You should be posting in the KePubify 3 thread.
Code:
$ kepubify --help
Links:
  MobileRead   - http://mr.gd/forums/showthread.php?t=295287
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #149
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Code:
$ kepubify --help
Links:
  MobileRead   - http://mr.gd/forums/showthread.php?t=295287
Time has moved on and kepubify 3 is the current version. Perhaps Patrick will change that link to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=326652 in the near future (probably as kepubify 4.0 is being released ).

... we all mourn the lost art of thinking for yourself.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #150
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:

Code:
$ kepubify --version
kepubify v3.1.2
The parameters I entered are the following:

Code:
Title               kepubify
Submenu             [none]
Format              Epub
Image               kepubify.png
Application path    /usr/bin/kepubify
Args                --inplace,--hyphenate,--calibre
The problem is that when I convert an epub with this system the .kepub file is not created in the original epub directory, but in the /home directory.

What parameters do I need to enter in order for the .kepub file to be created in the original library directory?
There is no direct option to create the kepub in the original directory. Since you quoted the help file for the link to this forum, you may have read past the -o or --output item. Check the kepubify v3 thread from page 11/message #156 on for the use of that option

You might want to add your voice for those asking for the option to have the output placed in the source directory.

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify, kobo