Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
vanquishV12
vanquishV12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glow plugged all day/night long ?

Hi,

I've just achieved my "kobo based internet weather station" project and before fixing it to the wall, i would like to know if letting the kobo plugged (and charging) all day/night long was a bad idea ?
Could it break it ?
What about the battery ?

Thanks

vanquishV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Moved to the right forum .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You should convert your image into an attachment before a moderator visits your home and removes the device for your own safety (or if he's lazy he might just delete the image instead).

It might get fried if lightning hits your house and the device is connected to an outlet at that time.

Seriously though, the battery should be fine, Kobo stops charging once it's full so it's no longer involved at all. I've never tested with Kobo but there are devices where you can even take out the battery entirely while external power supply is connected and it would run until you have a power outage.

Last edited by frostschutz; 09-16-2015 at 05:41 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote